Refund - did they let you keep pre-order gift?

MarcoB2

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
If you opted for a refund rather than a replacement did you still get to keep gifts that you got in pre-order and during first replacement?

I got a free Gear VR during preorder and an SD card after first replacement and I am getting conflicting information whether I should return them together with the phone.

What is Samsung's official policy? What was your experience?

If possible please also state what country you are from and where you got the phone from.

Thanks

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
If you opted for a refund rather than a replacement did you still get to keep gifts that you got in pre-order and during first replacement?

I got Gear vr during preorder and SD card after first replacement, and I am getting conflicting information whether I should return them together with the phone.

What is Samsung's official policy? What was your experience?

If possible please also state what country you are from and where you got the phone from.

Thanks
I was able to keep the SD card. I'm in the US and AT&T as carrier. I only turned in phone still have box and charger.

deanzel

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about the Samsungpromotions.com offers that many of us received (like Gear VR, Fit2, 256GB memory card) and not some other random pre-order bonuses? If so, you can keep them as they were received via Samsung. They were not bought through the retailers or carriers.

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I returned phone only, minus free SD card..kept all accessories, unlike the 1st Note 7 return. All they wanted back was the phone..everything else was bonus for our trouble. 😆
I decided on replacing with 7Edge because I got bonus $ to use for case etc for sticking with Samsung. Also able to still use wireless charger & headphone. Plug is different..miss the plug on Note 7.

MarcoB2

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Are you talking about the Samsungpromotions.com offers that many of us received (like Gear VR, Fit2, 256GB memory card) and not some other random pre-order bonuses? If so, you can keep them as they were received via Samsung. They were not bought through the retailers or carriers.
So all the Samsung promotions and gifts can be kept according to Samsung, even if you ask for a refund and don't replace Note 7 for another Samsung phone?

I've been trying to find some official statement from Samsung that confirms this but without much luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej