Release Date

Angelworks

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Stupid I know but Its still dumb marketing releasing 2 phones in a small time frame like this... we dont care because we just want the damn phone...

Economically it wouldnt make sense

Feel free to call me a village idiot, but in watching what little TV I do it seems like Verizon and Sprint (AT&T as well) are all over the place when it comes to marketing phones. If they have a strategy I clearly don't know what it is.

I just visited Sprint's site - they had an ad for some LG message phone, some samsung phone and the Palm Pixi on their front page all in the same flash ad - thats 3 phones they are trying to pitch to me at the same time.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Feel free to call me a village idiot, but in watching what little TV I do it seems like Verizon and Sprint (AT&T as well) are all over the place when it comes to marketing phones. If they have a strategy I clearly don't know what it is.

I just visited Sprint's site - they had an ad for some LG message phone, some samsung phone and the Palm Pixi on their front page all in the same flash ad - thats 3 phones they are trying to pitch to me at the same time.

AT&T doesnt market anything but the iPhone... and sometimes for BB

Verizon is allowed to be all over the place... They are expensive but good so you choose your poison...

TMo and Sprint well we all know they are the "Lower" end providers even tho im with Tmo and i've never had an issue...
They promote pretty well on each phone they sell... The phones on Sprints site have been out for a while so those dont count...

I just want my EVO I dont care anymore...

I'll be the village idiot here just sell it now bastards!

Bbold9700

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Nice responses. I'm thinking they need to hurry up and get this thing out, there is a lot of new stuff coming and people might go elsewhere. Late may through June is going to be an exciting time for mobile phones, you have iphone hd, htc evo, blackberry 6 announced today. I cannot wait till both the iphone and evo are out and get reviewed head to head.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
AT&T doesnt market anything but the iPhone... and sometimes for BB

Verizon is allowed to be all over the place... They are expensive but good so you choose your poison...

TMo and Sprint well we all know they are the "Lower" end providers even tho im with Tmo and i've never had an issue...
They promote pretty well on each phone they sell... The phones on Sprints site have been out for a while so those dont count...

I just want my EVO I dont care anymore...

I'll be the village idiot here just sell it now bastards!

Not sure where you get that AT&T is only allowed to market the iPhone, last I checked the iPhone commercials are done by Apple, plus have you not watched TV lately they are marketing the Moto Back Flip quite a bit.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the VZW Nexus One board...I'm going to learn a lesson, never get too invested into rumors and speculation! However, since I will now be getting the EVO...of course I will be here often listening to every rumor!:D Even though the VZW Nexus One was a bust...the Incredible rumors turned out to be pretty spot on, thanks to Best Buy. Hopefully we'll be able to get info the same way on the EVO!

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm right there with you Tatter. I've been at the end of my US Cellular contract since December. Looking to switch networks and waiting for an awesome phone. I had my sights set on the N1 for Verizon but now that's history. I could wait for the N1 on Sprint but the Evo just trumps the N1 in the hardware department. Overall I think I'll be happier with the Evo.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm right there with you Tatter. I've been at the end of my US Cellular contract since December. Looking to switch networks and waiting for an awesome phone. I had my sights set on the N1 for Verizon but now that's history. I could wait for the N1 on Sprint but the Evo just trumps the N1 in the hardware department. Overall I think I'll be happier with the Evo.

truely i think this is a great decision. I have been on all 3 networks (sprint, Verizon, At&t) and i must admit, Sprint with the best mobile plan pricing, and their network added, is a GREAT choice. PLUS, soon having the best phone on the market is going to be pretty amazing.

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree Sprint's pricing cannot be beat. I was looking at spending at least another 30 dollars a month for a comparable Verizon plan.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been on Sprint for the past 5 years...I have a corporate 22% discount(which is available on all 4 major carriers), they roam free on VZW, they start nights and weekends at 7pm, they have any mobile for free...and all for cheaper than VZW. VZW does have better coverage...mostly 3G coverage. Since you can roam on their towers, we have the same call coverage as they do. I was a bit worried about the trackball on N1, and the touch screen. The EVO takes care of both of these issues, with a bigger screen!

Bbold9700

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well looks like apples iphone event will be on June 7. Just guessing really but I'm really thinking that sprint will launch first in order to take away customers from the iphone.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well looks like apples iphone event will be on June 7. Just guessing really but I'm really thinking that sprint will launch first in order to take away customers from the iphone.

Funny you would say that, I started a thread on exactly that ust a while ago.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely no marketer, but it's not obvious to me that announcing just before Apple makes sense. You get a week of lead time and favorable press, then Apple sucks the air out of the room with whatever they announce.

While I'm waiting anxiously for the Evo, I'm wondering if it makes more economic sense for Sprint to tease heavily with more and more information about the Evo up to and during Apple's event, then release a week later to steal their thunder.

(Don't stone me. I'm hoping for a 6/1 release date, which is when I become eligable for a discounted phone).

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
We all need to watch out for the FCC passing as well. It has not been christened by the FCC yet. FCC Model number should be NM8PC36100. Generally after it hits FCC approval, it will be out within a month or so!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid