Removed SIM from G3 now pop up wont stop.

A

AC Question

After getting a job (finally), I decided to get my old LG G3 reactivated (Running Marshmallow 6.0). Only problem though is that, AT&T is trash and need to sort their stuff. And they removed my SIM card. Which wasn't an issue. until I returned home and turned the phone back on where now the popup that says "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." Pops up. Every two seconds. Literally. Its preventing any normal use of the phone, texting is a nightmare and it even messes with the Power Off menu. I'll go to turn it off and if I'm a split second too slow the popup will come up and I'll have to try again. Anyone who can help with this please do. I'd ask AT&T but as I said, not the best company. Refuse to help me until I pay a bill that I know for a fact was already paid. I just need to find the receipt.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
After getting a job (finally), I decided to get my old LG G3 reactivated (Running Marshmallow 6.0). Only problem though is that, AT&T is trash and need to sort their stuff. And they removed my SIM card. Which wasn't an issue. until I returned home and turned the phone back on where now the popup that says "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." Pops up. Every two seconds. Literally. Its preventing any normal use of the phone, texting is a nightmare and it even messes with the Power Off menu. I'll go to turn it off and if I'm a split second too slow the popup will come up and I'll have to try again. Anyone who can help with this please do. I'd ask AT&T but as I said, not the best company. Refuse to help me until I pay a bill that I know for a fact was already paid. I just need to find the receipt.

I can tell you exactly what that is.

It's nothing to do with your SIM card. You or someone disabled an APP that isn't supposed to be disabled.
Hence the error you are getting.
So 2 options, either you know you disabled, and you can re-enable it. Or if you don't factory reset will correct the issue.

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Removed SIM from G3 now having popup issue.

Incredibly embarrased about this but. I never tried restarting it after the updates. Its all fixed now. Lol

Last edited:

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
G3 com.android.com popup problem.

Alright. So. I've been here a couple times the last few days over this same issue and nothing's helped. If a factory reset were an option for me I would've done it already. Long story short. I have an old LG G3 (Running Marshmallow 6.0) that I wanted to get reactivated. AT&T took the SIM and since returning home and restarting the phone the popup "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." I've looked on the internet and tried some things suggested there. Then I came here and was told it wasn't an issue with the SIM, I had an app disabled or something so I enabled all apps that were disabled and updated them and I'm still experiencing this problem. Maybe I haven't worded the problem right or I didn't do the solutions right or something. But I just want help. So I'll try to describe everything that's going on.

Every two seconds the popup comes up and I have to click Ok to clear it. For half a second, the words "No Service" pop up in the upper left corner of where the notifications go. And then the popup comes onscreen. It makes any use of the phone a hassle. Even turning it off is difficult because the popup blocks the power off menu.

If I need to give more details about the phone or what's going on please let me know.

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Re: Removed SIM from G3 now having popup issue.

Unfortunately I may have spoken too soon. The problem is back. I assumed it had stopped because for almost a week the popup had been attack me every two seconds. And when it gave me a 10 minute break I guess I assumed it was ok. I turned it back on this morning and the little bugger was back poking my side.

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Still experiencing popup issue with G3

Long story short. Took the SIM out of my LG G3 (Running Marshmallow 6.0) and since it's constant had the "com.android.phone" popup. Tried some stuff online, came here, was told it was because I had an app disabled, I enabled every app, updated everything and even restarted the phone afterwards and it's still there. It pops up every two seconds and in the top left on the notification bar, "No Service" pops up for a split second then disappears for a moment. It also seems to have given me an issue installing and uploading apps, some downloads would get stuck at 100% and wouldn't finish unless I restarted the phone. Factory resetting isn't an option so I'm looking for any help I can get here. Or just tell me my phone's ****ed. Which is ok too. Well. Not really. It's my girlfriend's old one. Once again. LG G3, Marshmallow 6.0, AT&T. Idk. I'm just tossing anything that I think will help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Removed SIM from G3 now having popup issue.

Welcome to Android Central! I merged your multiple similar threads.

What happens if you turn on Airplane Mode? Do you intend to continue using the phone without a SIM?

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Airplane mode doesn't fix it or anything, the popup continues just as normal. And yes for the time being I plan on using it without a SIM until we solve this issue with AT&T. I'm just very confused because I've been using my old phone (Moto E, Running lollipop 5.1, Sprint) and I had to remove the SIM from it myself in fear of a virus getting to it and that was months ago. It continues to work fine.

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I would be fine with using this one as a primary until the other is fixed or whatever. But for some reason this one has problems connecting to the WIFI at work. So when I need to text someone at home something important or I get off early or something, it becomes a bit of a hassle.

I don't believe I thanked you for putting all of my threads together, so thank you for that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and look for SIM Toolkit. See what happens if you block notifications for this app.

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I THINK I FIXED IT. I was messing with the app settings and reset my app preferences. Then a popup came up saying
"No SIM card

Your phone needs a SIM card to work. You may not have inserted your SIM card yet or it may be inserted incorrectly.

Turn off your phone and make sure your SIM card is inserted as shown below. Then turn your phone back on."

I clicked OK on that and so far the popup hasn't returned. Even restarted the phone to make sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch