Removing a system update?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
So Monday I got a system update, just the October security patch. The same day I saw that Cyanogenmod 14.1 came our for my device (Moto X Play). Great I tried it like I did several times before with CM13.

Once I realized that it was still a bit too buggy, I decided to do like I always did before, go back to stock and lock my bootloader... but that was no longer possible. Everything I flashed (the same files I used to lock my bootloader before) were now getting a preflash validation failed error. That means that something changed in my device that is not in /system. Even when I try to flash my stock ROM without locking the bootloader, I can no longer flash the partition file (gpt.bin) fails with a preflash validation error. My ROM is no longer seen as a valid signed build.

Is there anything I can do? Can I remove what the update did?

Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you remove the update, you'll have a dead phone. The update isn't sitting alongside the older version, it totally replaced the older version. There's nothing to revert to.

You'll probably have better luck, though, if you ask at the CyanogenMod Forum. It's their ROM, so they know it better than we do.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
If you remove the update, you'll have a dead phone. The update isn't sitting alongside the older version, it totally replaced the older version. There's nothing to revert to.

You'll probably have better luck, though, if you ask at the CyanogenMod Forum. It's their ROM, so they know it better than we do.

Thanks for your reply. Actually I'm talking about an official stock update for the Moto X Play. Unless you think that having CM14.1 could be the cause of it no longer wanting to lock the bootloader?

As far as the updates go, I want more thinking of replacing the files with a previous version I could find. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey