Removing old phone number?

Killa-X

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I have plans to sell my optimus V now that i have owned my triumph for a month. I was lucky and got one with no glitches at all, and the cell connection is equal to, sometimes better than the optimus V.

I did a factory reset on the phone, even did a OS method (holding power+home+vol down) and reset the cache. When the phone started, it was all new, but I went into phone information, and it still lists my phone number. I tried sending a text, and using 3G. I got a error code 97 for the text, and 3G doesnt connect at all. As far as I'm seeing, its not doing anything at all. But if im selling this on ebay, How can i remove my phone number from the phone information? I mean...Thats my triumph's number, i rather not give my old optimus V to a random guy, basically saying "Heres my number if you want to call me or give it out for people to spam texts to".

Now that i restored it though, it finally cannot use 3G, and isnt getting random texts that my triumph gets from talking to people.

Killa-X

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
There is no way to remove it totally remove it until the phone is reactivated.
Whats stupid is texts still get to that number. but it cant call out/text out due to account. But, every x amount of texts i receive, my old phone still gets them heh..Dumb you cant kill the number.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Whats stupid is texts still get to that number. but it cant call out/text out due to account. But, every x amount of texts i receive, my old phone still gets them heh..Dumb you cant kill the number.

See technically we cant wipe all the way back to stock.
With most phones you can flash a file via a recovery tool and it will reset everything like it was when you bought the phone. However LG and Virgin didnt ever produce anything for the Optimus V.