Removing Samsung Bookmarks - Chrome App

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I found this View attachment 351964

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app
Extension for desktop or mobile? Either way, I'm not sure that would allow the user to get rid of the preinstalled junk.
Did u see this I posted ?
0545458b8c9356ce9a59c084db632ca0.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can try it, but I'm betting that won't affect the preinstalled Chrome bookmarks. It looks like it just transfers your bookmarks from Samsung Internet to Chrome.

Kirmansky

Jun 5, 2023
Visit site
This works on One UI 5.1 & Android 13.

Go to Setting then Apps and click on the symbol next to Your apps (looks like a down arrow and three lines, about a third of the way down on the right.)
On the next screen click Show system apps and click OK.
Scroll down until you find com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks and select this.
On the next screen click Storage, then click Clear data (bottom left).

I then pressed the back icon until I got to the main menu and rebooted.. and the pesky Chrome bookmarks were gone!

Kirmansky

Jun 5, 2023
Visit site
I just purchased the Samsung A14 5G.

I like to use the Chrome browser.

I noticed there are Samsung Bookmarks that cannot be deleted under Mobile Bookmarks.

Please let me know if you can assist.

Thanks
If you're still having trouble with this, there's a reply from me further down the feed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Go to Setting then Apps and click on the symbol next to Your apps (looks like a down arrow and three lines, about a third of the way down on the right.)
Scroll down until you find com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks and select this.

I then pressed the back icon until I got to the main menu and rebooted.. and the pesky Chrome bookmarks were gone!
Welcome to Android Central! Nice solution, I'll have to give this a try.:cool:

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It worked!

Thank you!

Reactions: B. Diddy