Renamed CWM backups... ut oh.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
In an attempt to make things more comprehensive, I renamed the backups in my /sdcard/clockworkmod/backups/ folder.

Instead of the names they had, I renamed like: Bumblebee full 8-29-11, etc. Did the renaming with ES File Explorer.

Well, went to restore a Harmonia backup and BAM, md5 mismatch. Oopsie. Lol. I assumed it was only renaming the containing folder, but surely my renaming was the reason foe the mismatch error?

Fortunately all my apps and their settings were backed up via MyBackup so flashing Harmonia again and restoring my apps was no biggie.

Is there any way to salvage these backups? The files are all there but their root folder names have been changed.

Sent from my VM670

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My backups had problems when they had spaces in the name after I renamed them. Try taking out the spaces.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. Hopefully that's all it is. The backups I have aren't critical, but a few of them are the stock ROM backups which I'd like to still be able to get into.

Sent from my VM670

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I rename all of mine with the rom and date but I don't use spaces so I'm not sure if that is the cause. I can confirm with the other poster though that renaming your backup isn't what created the problem.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I rename all of mine with the rom and date but I don't use spaces so I'm not sure if that is the cause. I can confirm with the other poster though that renaming your backup isn't what created the problem.

What app do you use to rename them?

Sent from my VM670

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just browse to it through root explorer and choose to rename it. Any file explorer should work i'm sure.

Sent from my LG-VM670

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
The spaces are likely the issue.

I'm hoping so. For now though, I've decided to stop screwing around (at least for a few days) and just enjoy my perfectly set up Harmonia install for a while.

I'm sure I'll get the bug again soon enough to start tinkering again.

Sent from my iPod touch

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
ROM Manager version 4.4.0.5 actually works to perform this very function,and it gets the MD5 sums right. Have used it several times and can confirm that it works,and is extremely easy to do so.
Go to the Manage and restore Backups section. Select the backup you want to rename. A window pops up with three options(all three actually work) and select the rename option.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
IF you need the spaces use the "_" it will appear to have a space even read properly to you but android will see it as a valid character and not throw errors at you.

Im not sure tho the spaces are the problem. I use to use root explorer and rename my backup to the rom and date, like so "asop3/13" and I had a bunch of backups that would throw the md5 error. However as Andie states above using the rom manager function it will convert the md5 properly and you wont have the mismatch error later.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly