Rene Ritchie (iMore) doesn't understand wireless charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just saying what I said from the get go. Wireless charging in my opinion is gimmicky. And has been know to cause long term battery damage according to reputable sources. But don't use topping off as a argument when constantly topping off with a wireless charger can cause damage anyway.

Ha, dude... Nobody is forcing anyone else to use it. You can find all the reasons in the world to defend stubborn behaviour, but the entire point of this entire post is that Rene is acting immature and is denying that there is a convenience associated with wireless charging.

Choice is a good thing.

Stop trying to hijack this thread and make it about the apparent horrors of wireless charging.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just saying what I said from the get go. Wireless charging in my opinion is gimmicky. And has been know to cause long term battery damage according to reputable sources. But don't use topping off as a argument when constantly topping off with a wireless charger can cause damage anyway.
Links to reputable sources?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ha, dude... Nobody is forcing anyone else to use it. You can find all the reasons in the world to defend stubborn behaviour, but the entire point of this entire post is that Rene is acting immature and is denying that there is a convenience associated with wireless charging.

Choice is a good thing.

Stop trying to hijack this thread and make it about the apparent horrors of wireless charging.
If you like using a wall charger or a wireless charging pad or a combination of the two methods, it's all good. Use whatever method works best for you. This is a no boliviation zone.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have an LG wireless charger, actually.

It came with the G3 when we got it earlier this year.

It works like a charm. I just put it on and it charges. Simple as that. (Though the charger needs to be plugged in, but its no biggie).

I don't use wireless charging often because it does heat up the battery a little more, but it's not worrying and I actually do like the convenience of it. Plus, the battery on the G3 is removable, so as long as LG keeps making G3 batteries, there shouldn't be any worries of longevity.

Plus, the charger doubles as an awesome phone stand.

Haroon Ikhlaq

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Are your hands going to break from plugging the phone into a charger?

So why did Apple create a magnetic connector for it's macbooks? Will plugging in a normal charger break users hands? Why did Apple create the lightning connector? Will it break users hands using the old version?

It's all about simplicity and ease of use

Posted via S6

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site

Choice is a good thing.

Why do you keep referring to the way people choose to do things as "stubborn behavior"? Just because people don't want to do things the same way as you or find different ways than you to be better for them doesn't mean they are being" stubborn". It just means they have a different OPINION

Status
Not open for further replies.