Replacement battery

bryantong

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I received new battery (replacement) from the samsung costumer service since i have issues with my phone's battery. Now i'm in doubt whether i should do initial charging(6 hours straight charging) with my new battery or to unplug the charger once it signals that it is already full. The person who entertained me in the costumer service told me that there is no need for initial charging but still i'm in doubt since it is new battery. What should i do? to do initial charging or not? I hope you can help me with my problem

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I received new battery (replacement) from the samsung costumer service since i have issues with my phone's battery. Now i'm in doubt whether i should do initial charging(6 hours straight charging) with my new battery or to unplug the charger once it signals that it is already full. The person who entertained me in the costumer service told me that there is no need for initial charging but still i'm in doubt since it is new battery. What should i do? to do initial charging or not? I hope you can help me with my problem

Welcome to the forums!
I would drain the battery to a normal level, say 20% and then charge. Li Ion batteries don't work well when drained completely.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure there's any good evidence that leaving the charger in after the phone says it's 100% will help a new battery. That being said, there's no harm in leaving it plugged in overnight. Batteries these days are much smarter than they used to be, so "conditioning" a battery probably doesn't make a huge difference, and as long as you don't have faulty hardware, there's no danger of overcharging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts