Replacing Nexus 4 - Double Check No Water Damage

BCVisin

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So I forgot to plug in my phone the other night and the battery got completely drained. I plugged it in the next morning, and nothing turned on, no charging display on the screen, no LED, nothing. Left it plugged in for 24 hours, nothing. I called Google Play and they are shipping me out a return, but they told me that I would be charged the entire price of the phone if the found water damage or physical damage to the phone.

I know there is neither, but I just want to be 100% sure they can not claim water or physical damage. Where are the water strips located, and can I check to make sure they are still white before I send the phone in?

Thanks,
Blake

motifs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
a lot of ppls have gotten their phone to work after holding down the power button for a long time, like 30 secs or more, after doing the overnight charge.

i remember there was a white square sticker underneath the sim card slot. i think thats a water damage indicator

BCVisin

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, I have tried this to no avail. Can you see the sticker under the sim card slot? I don't see anything, but I guess that is good, since I don't see pink/red?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm reading between the lines here, but you did obviously get the phone wet at some point, huh?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums