Reported issues on the AT&T S6 MM update

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I know that AT&T just released the MM update for the S6. I just wanted to see if anyone was having any major issues with the update before I update my girlfriend's S6. I plan on clearing the system cache and doing a factory reset after the update.

Posted via the AT&T Note 5

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I did the upgrade last night and didn't have any issues. I also normally do a factory reset, but this time it doesn't look like I needed it. My phone is running very smooth.

Amorican23

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Updated yesterday, it's been 24 hrs. I haven't noticed anything to note in the short time its been on MM. Id say its very positive so far...

Posted via the Android Central App

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think we lost the ability to change the color of the text bubbles with the stock messaging app.

I noticed that too. The only way to change the bubble colors is to load a different Theme. Might have to switch to the Textra app.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Did they remove the clock and weather widget? My girlfriend didn't download the update yet but I read it in another thread. I really hope not because that was really convenient. I don't understand why they would they would remove that

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had it for 24 hours now and no major issues. One thing I think is happening, but I'll have to pay to check, is that the email doesn't download on the schedule just on request. In other words, I'll have the notification that there is mail, but the inbox in empty until I hit refresh.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Did they remove the clock and weather widget? My girlfriend didn't download the update yet but I read it in another thread. I really hope not because that was really convenient. I don't understand why they would they would remove that

The home screen widget is still available for me.

kyle.brown

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I was having some issues when i would swipe to unlock it would say no internet connection. Now i am not sure if that was because i had power saver on or what but i thought that issue was a little strange. Also the swipe to unlock seems to lag a little bit.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
After 48 hours the only thing I've noticed different is that when you turn on the screen from black at night, it comes up gradually with an ever increasing brightness, takes a second or so. Almost acting as if it wants to give your eyes a chance to acclimate in a dark room to a gradual increase in brightness. Otherwise all working well with no reset and no cache clearing.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
The home screen widget still includes the weather with the clock? Also do you have an AT&T S6?

Yes, the home screen widget still displays the clock and weather. I do have an AT&T GS6. I can't speak to the lock screen widget since I'm using the Good Lock UI and it does not have a weather and clock widget option.

Screenshot_20160522-084019.jpg

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I just updated my girlfriend's S6 today with a factory reset. So far everything is working just fine. I don't know why some one posted on another thread that their weather/clock widget only displayed the clock.

Honestly these forums are great to help people with issues but you just can't believe everything you read.

A person on another thread blamed Samsung for not having a removable battery because he almost bricked his AT&T Note 5 when trying to load a MM update for XDA lol. I'm sure my Note 5 will get MM soon enough

mike56801

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I updated to MM on my AT&T Galaxy S6 and I noticed that my credit/debit cards where removed from Samsung Pay but not Android Pay. My Best Buy gift cards are still there.

jayhitek

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I updated S6 this morning and it's completely messed up my text messenger app.
I can't send or receive. I'm trying to download a 3rd party one to use and it's not letting those work correctly either.

Phone is locking up and timing out. Very frustrating.

Frank Zerilli

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Following the update on my Galaxy S6 I lost the weather portion that was posted on the lock screen and now only have the clock. In the "Unlock Screen and Security" section, there is a secondary screen called "Show Information" In that screen there should be 3 options: "Dual Clock", "Weather" and "Owner Information". The "Weather" option is no longer there. Additionally, when I would swipe the screen to turn on, there would be a cool ripple effect. It's now gone too. In the "Lock Screen and Security" section, there is supposed to be a "Unlock Effect" prompt that controls the ripple effect I mentioned but that is no longer there. I'm not getting email notifications even tho I can send them. On the Text Messaging, the Header color changed and there is no option to return it to the original.

jayhitek

May 25, 2016
Visit site
It took better half of the day and about 20 random reboots and freezes.. But everything kicked in and is working now.
I talked to Samsung support and they wanted to do a factory restore saying that the update didn't take. But I wanted to back everything up using Smart Switch. But somehow in that backing up process it started to work. So I did not do the factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad