Request/Idea for Lock Screen

Michael Rodgers

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
One of the most common things I do throughout the day is hit the power button on my N4 to see what time it is. The time is, by default, listed in digital arabic numerals. I'd like to have a big analog style clock as the lock screen.

That in itself isn't hard to do - but I also like having an unlock code, which means that the main part of the screen is taken up with the keypad for number entry.

Is there, or is there a way to easily combine a few things to make one, a way to use the numbers on an analog clock as my number entry? Ie, if my pass is 1 2 3 4, I'd press the clock face numbers instead of a keypad.

Any ideas?

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
One of the most common things I do throughout the day is hit the power button on my N4 to see what time it is. The time is, by default, listed in digital arabic numerals. I'd like to have a big analog style clock as the lock screen.

That in itself isn't hard to do - but I also like having an unlock code, which means that the main part of the screen is taken up with the keypad for number entry.

Is there, or is there a way to easily combine a few things to make one, a way to use the numbers on an analog clock as my number entry? Ie, if my pass is 1 2 3 4, I'd press the clock face numbers instead of a keypad.

Any ideas?

i get what you're saying but honestly can't think of anyway to implement this. sorry

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well you probably can set that up with tweaking from widget locker and maybe with uccw? I doubt it though

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
not sure how you would implement uccw into it but by what i see, it is gesture unlock, not an actual pressing numbers. But i mean i guess he could gesture the passcodes.

its not just gesture unlock. you can just touch on multiple places in picture to unlock.

can be touched at the numbers at the clock.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
well i mean you can have a hotspot on the uccw that will open another widget locker and then you keep pressing the hotspot until you get to the one that unlocks? Slow but i mean it works. Also pretty tedious

I have no idea what you are trying to say

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what you are trying to say

you put a uccw widget down and then put a hotspot where the first passcode is that opens up another lockscreen(...?) and then you continue that until you get to the last lock screen where you press the right number and it unlocks the phone. Who knows

Michael Rodgers

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas everyone.

@Bob, I think what Hubert is getting at is that you could have 4 identical lockscreens stacked one on another. To unlock the first one you have to touch the part of the screen that has the "1," to unlock the second one you have to touch the part of the screen that has the "2," etc.

Clumsy but it might work. I've been too busy so far to try and run with these ideas in any depth.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

@Bob, I think what Hubert is getting at is that you could have 4 identical lockscreens stacked one on another. To unlock the first one you have to touch the part of the screen that has the "1," to unlock the second one you have to touch the part of the screen that has the "2," etc.

Clumsy but it might work. I've been too busy so far to try and run with these ideas in any depth.

yeah what he said. I'm pretty bad at explaining, heard that before but I'm just saying. His idea is a lot better though, with that application mentioned up there ^

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Yeah but what I don't understand is how you set up a hotspot to "launch" another lockscreen.