Request Portal Wait Time

Coach_Urk

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
So I'm in Bermuda and I'm not sure how many portals are actually around on the island, there's plenty of historical places so I'm assuming there are at least 4 or 5 (and the island is so small it's only a 35 min bike ride from one end to the other). But I was going to suggest a couple of places that are close to me. So does anyone know how long it usually takes for Niantic to approve a new portal location?

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
4-6 weeks:

New Portal Submissions - Ingress Help
New Portal Submissions

Help us fill out the play field by locating, photographing and submitting candidate Portals.

Steps to submit a candidate Portal:

Make sure your GPS on camera app is enabled (Open Camera > Settings > Store location > ON; you may also need to turn on Settings > Location services > Share Picture Location, if available).
Snap a photo with your Android phone with the standard camera app
Select the Share option for the photo
Share to NIA Super Ops (with the Ingress logo)
Enter a proposed title for the Portal and touch OK.
This prepares an email to our Niantic Ops team with the photo and location of the object.
Send the email.
Our operations team will review the picture and object location and then add it to the game database if it meets our general criteria for Portals.

General Portal criteria:

Should be safe and accessible to the public
Example types of objects:
Statues
Unique architecture
Outdoor murals
Historic buildings
Special outdoor buildings
Unique local businesses

Decisions on whether or not a Portal will be accepted will occur within 2-3 weeks. Expect a Portal to go live 2-3 weeks after it is accepted.