Retiring my Turbo 2.

atari52oo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Turbo 2 (customized via moto-maker) since the first month it came out. By far it's been the best phone I've ever owned! Awesome battery life up until about 5 months ago. At this point it powers off at about 30-40% battery. Otherwise it has been an all around great phone!

At this point I needed a new phone and I wasn't super happy with Motorola's current lineup, so I pre-ordered a Pixel 3XL and just received it today. The Pixel is physically the same width as the Turbo 2, and only about 1/4" taller. So it should be a smooth transition!

Cheers!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly you were due for an upgrade. There's a lot of vocal later DROID owners that stick with their devices a bit too long. :p

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I've had the Turbo 2 (customized via moto-maker) since the first month it came out. By far it's been the best phone I've ever owned! Awesome battery life up until about 5 months ago. At this point it powers off at about 30-40% battery. Otherwise it has been an all around great phone!

At this point I needed a new phone and I wasn't super happy with Motorola's current lineup, so I pre-ordered a Pixel 3XL and just received it today. The Pixel is physically the same width as the Turbo 2, and only about 1/4" taller. So it should be a smooth transition!

Cheers!
Let us know whether you miss the Moto features, especially gestures like Chop Chop flashlight and twist for camera.

I liked my original DT2 as well, but my 2017 Moto Z2 Force blew it away on performance and usability, and I'm still loving in a year later, esp the new Moto features like one button navigation using the fingerprint sensor, and "Show me" voice commands. And I've had enough drops that make me really appreciate the shatterproof design

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Sigh.. chop chop flashlight... Yes.. I miss it a lot..
What's your return window on the Pixel? Z2 Force is now available <$400 I think, and screaming fast. It's also one of the best devices to have on Verizon network, for fastest data speeds.

fuddster

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I just performed the last factory reset on my DT2 as well. After using nothing but Motorola Droids (D3, D4, D Maxx, DT2), I've moved on to the LG V40. None of the latest Moto phones really interested me and $300 off in promos & a trade in, plus a few other goodies made it worth the switch for me.

Goodbye Moto, and thanks for all the fish!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae