Returned 5X and went to 6P

Brian White3

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
After a few weeks with the 5X, the last and especially camera lockups were driving me crazy. Cleared cache partition, daily reboots, other things mentioned in many threads failed to fix the issues. Very disappointed. Returned the 5X snd ordered the 6P. Initially concerned about size but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. This 6P is soooo much faster on every level. Much happier now.

Had anyone gotten fed up with the 5X lag and exchanged the 5X for the 6P like me? I had such high hopes for the 5X.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Nexus 6P

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
How were you able to return the 5X after a few weeks? Don't you only have a14 day return period?

Posted via my up-to-date Nexus 6P

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I had both the 5x and 6p and definitely could tell the difference in performance between the 2. The thing that killed the 5x for me was in-game lag with Clash of Clans. I did a war battle and the phone lagged like crazy during the entire attack/battle. I've never had an android phone in the last 2+ years lag in Clash like this phone did. And it's not like Clash is a graphic intensive game.

But also for me, the 6p was too big. I thought the 5x was the perfect size. I just wish Google / Huawei would have made a 5p :/

Brian White3

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I sure did - it was a storybook redition of all the lag/performance/camera stutter issues that have filled many AC and Reddit forums. My new 6P - with the identical app setup and Nova Prime installed - shows zero performance issues across the board. Maybe I was asking too much from the 5X, but having had the LG G4 for a while, that phone had the same CPU (and another GB of RAM) with, again, the same app setup and it rarely lagged - it was really quite a pro. The 5X was a dog - even after trying several solutions and spending a week trying to nail the problem(s). I finally gave up and returned it for the Aluminum 6P - best decision evar!

housetube

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the 5x for 13 days, I returned it due to lag. I'm enjoying the 6p and I'm already a fan of the bigger size. Glad I did the swap, if you are on the fence go for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the 5x on Project Fi and returned it for the 6P with no issues. Best decision made in a while. No issues or lag. Excellent device.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If only the 5X was a 5P.

You know, I was thinking something similar this weekend. I was recently looking for an update for my wife. She has a G4, and it was down to the S7 and G5. I ended up going with the S7 because I am fairly certain the camera will suit her needs much more than the G5 (which is a G4 with a wide angle camera). Now, if the 5X was everything my 6P was, just smaller, I would have jumped on it without a hesitation. But I've read enough comments and complaints to have given me pause. Based on past history, there might be a 6.1 or so on the way that'll clean up a LOT of the 5X issues....

But she doesn't care. "It's just a phone" is her opinion. She only cares when something goes wrong, then I have to care.. because it becomes my fault. :)

electricrelish

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
You know, I was thinking something similar this weekend. I was recently looking for an update for my wife. She has a G4, and it was down to the S7 and G5. I ended up going with the S7 because I am fairly certain the camera will suit her needs much more than the G5 (which is a G4 with a wide angle camera). Now, if the 5X was everything my 6P was, just smaller, I would have jumped on it without a hesitation. But I've read enough comments and complaints to have given me pause. Based on past history, there might be a 6.1 or so on the way that'll clean up a LOT of the 5X issues....

But she doesn't care. "It's just a phone" is her opinion. She only cares when something goes wrong, then I have to care.. because it becomes my fault. :)

The LG G4 hasn't even been out a full year. What necessitates an upgrade in less than 12 months?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The LG G4 hasn't even been out a full year. What necessitates an upgrade in less than 12 months?

Well, a few reasons on top of camera improvements... First, her line is on the original JUMP program, the good one where you get two a year, no restrictions. Second, the G4's battery performance is a bit underwhelming...I was on a vacation recently and it was burning through a charge way too fast. My 6P would be at 50% while the LG had it's battery (have a spare) swapped twice already.

JUMP is really the catalyst here. Had it not been for that, I would stick with the G4. I updated it to 6.0 and it's running great.

bejli

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Man I wish I could buy somewhere with such return policy. I've bought mine 6P just few days ago and figured out it's just to big for me. If I wan't to return, there's like 27$ return fee for each day of use. After 5 days, that's 1/5 of the price!

eBay it is... (pitty I can't post in sell/buy section due to posts restriction...)

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Man I wish I could buy somewhere with such return policy. I've bought mine 6P just few days ago and figured out it's just to big for me. If I wan't to return, there's like 27$ return fee for each day of use. After 5 days, that's 1/5 of the price!

eBay it is... (pitty I can't post in sell/buy section due to posts restriction...)

have you tried Swappa? it's great here in the US but not sure where you are posting/selling from.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have bad 6p since launch and just got 5x. Love it and smooth like butter. Keeping both phones. Love the smaller profile.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I went the other way. Returned the 6P and bought a 5X off Swappa. I'm not having the problems with the 5X that others are having. It' runs great and I wanted a smaller phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanglap