Returning to wait for a CES phone???

italiiano

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Since we all have until January 15th to return our phones, did anyone see anything come out of CES this week that would be worth returning the DNA to get? It seemed like every "hands-on" review I read compared phones to the DNA and NOTHING exceeded it.

Bowman53

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Since we all have until January 15th to return our phones, did anyone see anything come out of CES this week that would be worth returning the DNA to get? It seemed like every "hands-on" review I read compared phones to the DNA and NOTHING exceeded it.

The launch of these phones are still a ways off.....probably months down the road.

italiiano

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The launch of these phones are still a ways off.....probably months down the road.

Some of them are due out in Q1. I'd consider going back to my GNex for a couple months if there was something considerably better coming... i.e. bigger battery and expanded storage.

P.s. Nice pic... WE ARE!!!

Bowman53

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Some of them are due out in Q1. I'd consider going back to my GNex for a couple months if there was something considerably better coming... i.e. bigger battery and expanded storage.

P.s. Nice pic... WE ARE!!!

The Sony Experia Z and ZL were the show stoppers to me at CES...I d consider waiting a few months for those two. Guess we'll see...

P.s. Yeah man....Go Lions!

AaronSimmons

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I saw at the Qualcomm booth that they the Snapdragon 800 coming out (8 core processor) in the second half of the year, but I had already waited a loooooong time for a quad core that was LTE compatible. I really don't want to wait another 6 months + to get the latest phone with the latest cpu. I really didn't see any phones that I thought I should've have purchased instead of the DNA.

Just for clarification, Qualcomm stated that the chips would be released 2nd half of the year. I don't think they will be in phones that early. I saw that these chips are capable of rendering 4k video, so I imagine they will be in a lot of tv's and other home video electronics.

Last edited:

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Keep the DNA. Phones that are unveiled at CES are always months away. Plus it seems all the devices shown were Chinese manufacturers who never release phones in the US.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
A lot of those 8 core phones make me want to buy them simply because they have 8 cores. However, there's no practical use for that ish yet. We barely have correctly functioning 4 core phones being released now. Not to mention that the software in the phones is not at a point to utilize that much power.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sureshkumarct