Reverse root

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey I'm sure this has been asked before but what's the easiest way to undo a root? I want to do my OTA software updates and it does not let me. Or is there another way to update the software? I also have a macbook pro so the comparability is not the same as if I were using a windows computer. Since kies does not allow me to download the firmware on the Mac app.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey I'm sure this has been asked before but what's the easiest way to undo a root? I want to do my OTA software updates and it does not let me. Or is there another way to update the software? I also have a macbook pro so the comparability is not the same as if I were using a windows computer. Since kies does not allow me to download the firmware on the Mac app.

I would like to keep my root but also keep doing the updates.. Is that possible?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would like to keep my root but also keep doing the updates.. Is that possible?

Some superuser apps have a temporary unroot to allow this. Be advised: OTA updates can break root.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I already tried the factory reset. I think the only way would be to reflash stock firmware through odin.

Anyone know where I can find the stock firmware and a way to flash it to the phone on a Mac? I miss my PC :/

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Are you just rooted or did you delete bloatware ect? If the later you'll need to Odin flash the factory software tar file to get completely back to stock. You could find it at XDA forum.