Rezound battery fits the ThunderBolt for $19.99

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
That makes no sense... Why would you have two different batteries for the same phone. Sound like that could cause some issues.
I suspect HTC has at least two different vendors manufacturing these batteries. Typically, you would expect vendors to manufacture the batteries to HTC's exact specifications. But maybe one vendor proposed comparable but not exact specs? Or maybe there was a miscommunication? It certainly does seem weird.

Thanks, Robrecht

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
That makes no sense... Why would you have two different batteries for the same phone. Sound like that could cause some issues.

This battery is better than the stock Tbolt battery.

Remember. They are, constantly, trying to improve 4G battery performance. Not all of it has to do with the radio or phone. Much of it has to do with the actual battery. I think they nailed it, with this one.

Buy it, now. Trust me.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I suspect HTC has at least two different vendors manufacturing these batteries. Typically, you would expect vendors to manufacture the batteries to HTC's exact specifications. But maybe one vendor proposed comparable but not exact specs? Or maybe there was a miscommunication? It certainly does seem weird.

Thanks, Robrecht
Or a typo on the battery marking template.

-Frank

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
For what it is worth to anyone who really cares about their phone. I called HTC and talked with a tech.
Her name is Hannah and if you don't believe me call them yourself.

(I sold wireless for a long time and I would never recommend my customers buying or using an accessory that wasn't compatible for their phone.)

It is NOT recommended to use the Rezound battery in the Thunderbolt.

So, do what you want, but just as I had stated before, even HTC does not recommend it.

Also, if the phone is ruined from using the wrong battery, a tech can usually figure it out if they really know how to do their job.

You wouldn't use a battery in your car that wasn't the right size and voltage......so why would you on your phone? It is a mini computer........and expensive. Treat it right !

Call HTC if you don't believe me.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I also don't think it is right for a Verizon rep to sell a battery just to get a sale.........shame on them!
Do your job right.........sell what is compatible for the phone the customer has.

My two cents and am sticking to it.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
This battery is better than the stock Tbolt battery.

Remember. They are, constantly, trying to improve 4G battery performance. Not all of it has to do with the radio or phone. Much of it has to do with the actual battery. I think they nailed it, with this one.

Buy it, now. Trust me.

I have it, first day in and a huge noticable difference. I'm saying a phone can't run on two different voltages. It would fry it or not work.

Ex: I was trying to get an old printer to work found a chord that fit, but wrong voltage so no go. I would assume the same for batteries.

The only explanation would be misprint like frank said.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
of course HTC will not recommand it, if they do who is going to buy all the left over Thunderbolt batteries?

Sorry for the double post.

Me and my friend were talking about this today. If HTC were smarter they should have known the rezound battery would fit in the bolt and made the rezound battery and also rebranded the same battery and a better slim battery for the tbolt.

1. People would love to see that HTC is still thinking about old phone models.

2. It would cost them practically nothing.

3. There is a large amount of tbolt owners that want better battery life without the bulk. They would sell like hot cakes!

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I have it, first day in and a huge noticable difference. I'm saying a phone can't run on two different voltages. It would fry it or not work.

Ex: I was trying to get an old printer to work found a chord that fit, but wrong voltage so no go. I would assume the same for batteries.

I will vote for the misprint theory, tbh. That was one of the first things I thought of.

Meh.

This battery is still rocking. I don't care what they did, different. Whatever it was, it worked.

Cheers.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I know people want a slimmer battery with more juice and I can't blame them. But I also do believe that you should only use batteries that are specific to the device you own. But people will do what they want and I hope it turns out ok. I don't think HTC says not to just to keep you getting the Thunderbolt batteries.
I think they are sincere when they suggest to not use another model's battery.
I tend to only use what is recommended for the phone.
It is up to the individual. I was just passing along the information and I do believe them. There will always be someone who disagrees.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I know people want a slimmer battery with more juice and I can't blame them. But I also do believe that you should only use batteries that are specific to the device you own. But people will do what they want and I hope it turns out ok. I don't think HTC says not to just to keep you getting the Thunderbolt batteries.
I think they are sincere when they suggest to not use another model's battery.
I tend to only use what is recommended for the phone.
It is up to the individual. I was just passing along the information and I do believe them. There will always be someone who disagrees.

Do, as you must. And, thank you.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So, do what you want, but just as I had stated before, even HTC does not recommend it.

That's only to clear themselves of a liability... If it's the same Voltage and size, those are the major factors. Just because it's a different color doesn't mean it won't work. How do you think Sedio makes and sells batteries for every phone under the sun?

Also, there's STILL a discussion about this ACCESSORY in the ACCESSORIES forum, if anyone would care to check it out... -_-

http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...33133-1620mah-battery-rezound-works-well.html

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Whatever. Nonsense. And don't trip on your shadow,

I also don't think it is right for a Verizon rep to sell a battery just to get a sale.........shame on them!
Do your job right.........sell what is compatible for the phone the customer has.

My two cents and am sticking to it.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Or a typo on the battery marking template.

-Frank
I will vote for the misprint theory, tbh. That was one of the first things I thought of.
I don't think it's a typo because someone calculated the different Whr ratings (with a minor rounding error) and there are two different part numbers for the two different Rezound batteries:

35H00168-02M for the 3.8V
35H00168-03M for the 3.7V

My guess is that the lower volt battery was introduced as a way of slightly improving battery life on the Rezound.

Thanks, Robrecht

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
So, would those who obtained a 3.8V battery return or exchange it for a 3.7V one? I ordered one and hopefully will get it today. We can always trying exchanging it in store, right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej