Ringtone Issue

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My Wife just picked up a Facinate yesterday and this is my first outing with an Android phone. We ran into a small problem already. We attempting to add a customer ring tone the contact person is not on the list. When we go back to her contact list the person is there. In fact she is missing about half of her contacts when looking through the add ringtone to contact list. The phone had all the contact transferred by Verizon from a Pre Plus to the Facinate. LATE last night as i thought maybe the contact is faulty somehow. Does anyone else know what the problem might be?

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My Wife just picked up a Facinate yesterday and this is my first outing with an Android phone. We ran into a small problem already. We attempting to add a customer ring tone the contact person is not on the list. When we go back to her contact list the person is there. In fact she is missing about half of her contacts when looking through the add ringtone to contact list. The phone had all the contact transferred by Verizon from a Pre Plus to the Facinate. LATE last night as i thought maybe the contact is faulty somehow. Does anyone else know what the problem might be?

I don't know why contacts would disappear, but I can tell that only contact on the phone itself support custom ringtones

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Go into settings in your contacts menu, export all your contacts to your sd card, delete all your contacts then import them from your sd card. That should fix it

Sent from my KB Fassy via Tapatalk

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes the Contact(s) are on her phone already.

Edit a contact and check to see if it is GMail, Phone, or Corporate. If the source is phone, then you're OK.

you can make a directory on you SD card called "Ringtones" place you mp3 files there.

Here is one to try!

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why contacts would disappear, but I can tell that only contact on the phone itself support custom ringtones
I can assign custom ringtones to my Google Contacts just as well as my phone contacts... then again I'm not on a stock ROM

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I can assign custom ringtones to my Google Contacts just as well as my phone contacts... then again I'm not on a stock ROM

Whatcha running? I'm on superclean 2.9.2

From what I have read, only contacts on the phone support custom ringtones.

Another Round Fired from Tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Whatcha running? I'm on superclean 2.9.2

From what I have read, only contacts on the phone support custom ringtones.

I am on KangBang 1.3 and for giggles I tried to add a custom ringtone to a google contact. It worked without fail.

go to the contact, choose edit from the menu button, scroll to ringtone, then it lets you choose either default, sound or phone. If you choose sound, it takes you to your SD card to choose the file you want. If you choose Phone ringtone, it takes you to the phones ringtone list and if you choose default it jsut plays your default

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Out isn't an issue with the rom, its about when he ported his contacts in. I had this problem on a friends hd2 when I put android on it, what I suggested fixed his, it will prolly fix this as well.

Sent from my KB Fassy via Tapatalk

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly, OS 2.1 only supported ringtones for contacts in your phone contacts. OS 2.2 added ringtones for Google contacts.

Your contact list may have more than one address book: Phone contacts and Google contacts. The main contact list will only show phone contacts. Going over to the Group tab will give you the option to see Google contacts. They can be linked together as well.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The issue was 2 fold, Some of the contacts were goggle (ones that had a facebook account assoicated with them) and the other was lack of knowledge. Wife went to verizon to get help before i could let her know what to do. Thanks all for the information. I might in the distant future upgrade to a rooted phone but so far i don't think it's needed

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The issue was 2 fold, Some of the contacts were goggle (ones that had a facebook account assoicated with them) and the other was lack of knowledge. Wife went to verizon to get help before i could let her know what to do. Thanks all for the information. I might in the distant future upgrade to a rooted phone but so far i don't think it's needed

Glad its working, enjoy the Major Payne sound file.