Rogers Captivate Android 2.3 Gingerbread update

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Sep 25
Rogers Captivates just released the official update to Gingerbread!! You can install with the latest version of Kies from Samsung.
I've updated my phone and it's operating as smooth as silk.
Nice update. I'll post more when I figure out what else has changed.

So far:
Status bar looks nicer
Built in app interface changes
My flixster app finally plays the movie trailers. I assume this means the phone handles more media formats.
overall the phone is FAST!!
The available RAM has changed from 304mb to 329mb
Desk Home, if you have a Samsung desk dock, is gone. Good riddance...
The contacts app is much faster
Holy cow. Wireless tether has been rock solid. No dropped connections all day. This has never happened on froyo. My decision to get a wifi tablet to tether to my existing data plan was a good one.
People are telling me my voice call quality is improved
The contacts app is not joining duplicate numbers like it used to
Swype is improved. You can use it like a normal keyboard when you don't want to swype. previously, if you typed too quickly, it would think each key press was a new word.
Swype has a voice input button but it doesn't seem to work.
Bluetooth connection to my car seems to have improved

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BERN-ie5

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I had Rogers do the 2.2 update 4 me for free because im computer illiterate. So if I do this update to 2.3 myself using Kies ~ will I lose all my apps contacts settings etc... ? Also any other warnings when using Kies ~ is it a easy one~click ? I dont know im stupid so I need to ask stupid questions ~ thats why I had Rogers do the 2.2 for me ...

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
It was pretty much fool proof from I remember. But then I'm the kind of person that is really comfortable with computers...

Sent from my GT-P7510

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hunterm2