[ROM] [AndroidArea51][LG L55C (Optimus Q)] AreaRomQ v1.2

dubbajohnny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Installed it and been messing around with my phone all day today, looks great. Flash works perfectly and phone has much more usable ram then before. Thank you so much.

Last edited:

amazinglarry

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I am quite interested in this ap2sd cached thing. Anyone know how to set it up for the VM-701?

Partition your sdcard with an ext partition of at least 256 mb.

Must rooted roms have busybox installed, if the rom has a native mountsd script in /system/etc/init.d you're fine, if not create a script like this in terminal:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
echo '#!/system/bin/sh;mount -o remount,rw /;mkdir -p /sd-ext;mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext;mount -o remount,ro /;' > /system/etc/init.d/02mountsd
chmod 777 /system/etc/init.d/02mountsd
mount -o remount,ro /system

Reboot and check if sd-ext now exists.

If it does and there is a file system mounted there open terminal or adb shell and toe these commands:

Code:
su
mkdir /sd-ext/dalvik-cache
cp /data/dalvik-cache/* /sd-ext/dalvik-cache
rm -rf /data/dalvik-cache;ln -s /sd-ext-/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

That should do it.

3l3tric

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm a bit of a noob in Android Rooting. I've been an iOS Jailbreaker since iOS 4.3.3, and know my way around an iPhone, but I literally just got an Android phone today.

Before I root, I have a couple of questions.

First, will I have to reactivate my phone through Net10 after flashing the ROM?
Second, is there a way to reverse the root? (As in, remove it so that I can send my phone in for warranty if needed)
Third, what version of Android OS is this based on?
And Fourth, What version of Android OS is this compatible with? My Optimus Q has 2.3.4 on it.

Thank you for your time.

P.S.-I know this probably is not possible, but is it possible for this phone to be upgraded to Android OS 4.x?

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm a bit of a noob in Android Rooting. I've been an iOS Jailbreaker since iOS 4.3.3, and know my way around an iPhone, but I literally just got an Android phone today.

Before I root, I have a couple of questions.

First, will I have to reactivate my phone through Net10 after flashing the ROM?
Second, is there a way to reverse the root? (As in, remove it so that I can send my phone in for warranty if needed)
Third, what version of Android OS is this based on?
And Fourth, What version of Android OS is this compatible with? My Optimus Q has 2.3.4 on it.

Thank you for your time.

P.S.-I know this probably is not possible, but is it possible for this phone to be upgraded to Android OS 4.x?

1. No
2. Gingerbreak
3. 2.3.4
4. Maybe... but not at the moment.
5. Don't tell android people about ur apple experience lol.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

3l3tric

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
5. Don't tell android people about ur apple experience lol.

XD Lol sorry, thought it might help in some way =P.

Anyway, I could have sworn I saw this somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it... Does this ROM contain support for Wifi hotspot creation (3G Tethering between devices)?

3l3tric

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
One last question for you guys (Sorry, I'm always so inquisitive: Don't want to brick my new phone =P)

So, what I'm getting from this is, I need to Root with Gingerbreak, get Terminal Emulator, Install CWM, then follow the directions that are in this guide?

Also, when they say to backup the SD card, they just mean to backup the stuff that you manually put on, right?

EDIT: Attempted root with Gingerbreak 1.1, unsuccessful, attempted with solution here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF0zCdddHMg&feature=related

This also did not work, the phone rebooted and had Superuser installed; However, superuser did not work properly, and a root checker still claimed that I did not have root access.

What software should I use to root the phone? Esteem doesn't do anything after starting the daemon... I'm seriously confused here... =P

Last edited:

OiNRdcsytg

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Mother of god is this an amazing rom!!! Thank you so much for making it!!! My optimus is soooo much snappier and the ram tweak makes it so I don't just have to reboot it daily. This rom is fantastic!!! And I never knew what REAL a2sd was before--I thought it was just the standard froyo move it to .android_secure thing. (But I'm not really a tech guy). But WOW I can have basically infinite apps now, and thanks to this awesome rom, no speed issues with more apps. Soooooo much goodness! Thank you!!!!

norfolk810

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I love the area rom q on my straight talk lgl55c but I wish it had the factory stock battery and signal icons with the blue color.. thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

demoptimus

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So, correct me if I am just being a nimrod, but this particular rom will without a doubt work with the Straight talk slider, assuming that the user (me in this case) properly installs CWM and has root. Sound about right?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There's no such thing as a straight-talk slider its an optimus q (l55c) and yes it will work given u do that.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
One last question for you guys (Sorry, I'm always so inquisitive: Don't want to brick my new phone =P)

So, what I'm getting from this is, I need to Root with Gingerbreak, get Terminal Emulator, Install CWM, then follow the directions that are in this guide?

Also, when they say to backup the SD card, they just mean to backup the stuff that you manually put on, right?

EDIT: Attempted root with Gingerbreak 1.1, unsuccessful, attempted with solution here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF0zCdddHMg&feature=related

This also did not work, the phone rebooted and had Superuser installed; However, superuser did not work properly, and a root checker still claimed that I did not have root access.

What software should I use to root the phone? Esteem doesn't do anything after starting the daemon... I'm seriously confused here... =P

You have the wrong drivers for your phone and you root with the esteem root not gingerbreak...

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Mother of god is this an amazing rom!!! Thank you so much for making it!!! My optimus is soooo much snappier and the ram tweak makes it so I don't just have to reboot it daily. This rom is fantastic!!! And I never knew what REAL a2sd was before--I thought it was just the standard froyo move it to .android_secure thing. (But I'm not really a tech guy). But WOW I can have basically infinite apps now, and thanks to this awesome rom, no speed issues with more apps. Soooooo much goodness! Thank you!!!!

You're very welcome. Thank you.

704boy

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
new to site have lg optimus q (straight talk)
i have root and wifi tether i was wanting to increase my internet speed while tethering i have read threads about setcpu and custom roms and kernels i downloaded kernel lite and it says no kernels what do i need to do please help

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
new to site have lg optimus q (straight talk)
i have root and wifi tether i was wanting to increase my internet speed while tethering i have read threads about setcpu and custom roms and kernels i downloaded kernel lite and it says no kernels what do i need to do please help

You need to use a custom kernel from a Q rom, which this rom is the only one with a custom kernel at the moment. Also, work is beginning on AreaRomQ v1.3 this week. Hopefully any and all kinks with the initial release(s) will be worked out. To the people complaining about the signal bar icons, I'm not changing those in AreaRomQ v1.3... I'm sorry. But too much work has gone into this theme to change it now... At most I may reimplement the six signal bar icons but that is it. I'm sorry if that's not acceptable, but it's hard to get the ambition up to completely retheme this rom again. This rom has over 600 custom icons, and that's a lot of time and effort to undo. We will have a new release in the coming weeks though. It's just going to take some time. :) .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej