[ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Also, I still cant do conference calling. When I go to add another call it brings up another dialer with the other caller still on the line. They hear me dial the next number and when I press send the original caller is placed on hold with no way to retrieve it or join the new call.

I thought I had a corrupt install with 1.3.1 and wiped and went with 1.4.1 and the same problem exists.
Anyone else have this?

EDIT: I did some more testing and I am now able to get the merge calls to show up. But it still doesn't place the original caller on hold while dialing the next call. Same behavior on 2 X's one on 1.3.1 and the other on 1.4.1

Anyhow, looks like Fab is abandoning this ROM anyway. Such a bummer :(

Last edited:

FlyBoy88

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Also, I still cant do conference calling. When I go to add another call it brings up another dialer with the other caller still on the line. They hear me dial the next number and when I press send the original caller is placed on hold with no way to retrieve it or join the new call.

I thought I had a corrupt install with 1.3.1 and wiped and went with 1.4.1 and the same problem exists.
Anyone else have this?

EDIT: I did some more testing and I am now able to get the merge calls to show up. But it still doesn't place the original caller on hold while dialing the next call. Same behavior on 2 X's one on 1.3.1 and the other on 1.4.1

Anyhow, looks like Fab is abandoning this ROM anyway. Such a bummer :(
What makes you say Fab is abandoning this rom?

cadis12

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
fab said he is using his nexus as his main phone and deactivated the service on his dx and that he didn't know how much more work would be done on it..

in other words, he's going to abandon it.

This really bummed me out cause this is the first Rom I have experienced. I have been running Apex now for about 6 days and I will never go back to the stock software. The battery life alone is amazing along with the other features. So far I am loving it.
My dilemma is my wife also has a Droid X and she continues to complain about random reboots and battery drain. I want to install Apex on her device to try and resolve her problems. In my opinion if the DX never gets updated again in its lifecycle having ApeX 1.4.1 installed is better then having stock installed. So, I don't know if I should install Apex on her phone or try to find a different Rom that is stable for her that will have longer support.

I dunno...I guess I should play around with some other Roms to see what the differences are. Everything is running great for me now on ApeX and I don't feel like changing. I have had no issues.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
bummer if he abandons it, but it is flawless now, so I think that is fine....too bad it won't be built on gingerbread coming to us X owners if that is the case.

wcbratton

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Longtime Blackberry user, switched to DX in November (have not looked back) & rooted/installed Apex 1.4.0 approx 3 weeks ago.

1st time posting in Android Central!

Since rooting and installing the Apex Rom i'm still kinda up in the air, maybe i did something wrong & maybe some of you can help me out.

I rooted my DX using the Z4 method, backed up everything using Titanium.

Should I have just uninstalled everything? or What?

I see that there is now Apex 1.4.1 avail, should I try it?

What I love about Apex:

1. Battery life is much better, before I would get home from work & have maybe 20% left & now sometimes I have 60%.

2. Getting rid of the Bloatware.

3. The speed.

4. Customization.

What I don't like:

1. I cant remember ever HAVING to do a battery pull until I installed Apex & now I have to maybe 3 times a week.

2. My DX will sometimes just reboot on its own & I have not been able to pinpoint why.

3. A few times I have recd phone calls & the caller cant hear me & I cant hear the caller. After rebooting seems to work fine!

It seems from reading most of the post's that more people prefer Apex over the other rom's. Should maybe try another rom?

Any help/advice is welcome!

Thanks!

SUPERSPORT25

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I love Apex but the animation boot is so loud and quiet annoying. Anyone have a better animation boot thats cool. I really like the Android one that came with Rubix but I didnt like the ROM.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
tweet from fab
bigxie Andrew Xie
Well GB for the DX seems cool. I'm glad Motorola is being pretty proactive in updating it's halo devices. If it gets rooted, Apex ensues :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali