[ROM] AT&T Stock ROM - Sense [Unroot]

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
AT&T Stock Sense ROM - RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_2 6.06.04.06_M_release aka HTC Android Phone ROM Update Utility v1.0.2.10

This application will be able to unroot your device, or help get your phone out of constant reboots if you fail to get your phone onto HBoot.

Note: If you want to go back to stock but still stay rooted, go here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ins...-w-sideload-enabled-5-17-11-a.html#post944770

Please note: This is a Stock ROM meant for AT&T Inspire 4G only. By using this application, it will do a FULL WIPE of your device and unroot it, taking you back to Sense UI v2.2 (No HSUPA/sideload Update). Please verify that the build and radio numbers match your device before you embark on any modding attempts. If so, then this RUU is your de-brick-it ticket to stock.

Backup Apps and Data: Please be sure to have an application that will allow you to back up those apps/files you need. If you don't care for much, then allow Google to restore the applications automatically. Data can be restored using a back up applications that do not require the device to be rooted.

S-On Utility Tool: S-ON_Tool.exe
For more about S-Off, please read HTC Inspire Simple Root & S-Off FAQ - Refer to questions #8 and #9

Download ROM: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

How to Install:

Manual Process:
1) Run S-Tool on device. Once finished, Place RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_2 6.06.04.06_M_release.zip on the root of your SD Card.
2) Disable Fast Boot. (Go to Settings and then Applications) - only if applicable.
3) Turn off your phone.
4) Reboot phone into Hboot (by powering off phone and then powering on while holding down power and volume minus until the boot screen loads)
5) The phone will reboot into Hboot. It will load the ROM automatically. Follow the steps to flash the ROM.
-----------------------------------------------

PC Process (and for anyone in loop boot):

1) Connect your device while on
2) Disable the Standby and Hibernation modes on your PC, and uninstall HTC Sync from your PC. Keep the drivers.
3) Make sure your device has more than 30% power
4) Make sure you run the S-On tool first, as the tool requires root permissions. Once finished...
5) Click on the RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_2 6.06.04.06_M_release executable file, and let it run the process. Could take up to 10 minutes to restore to stock.

Screen shots of PC Process
Step 1 : Open up File
1.png

Step 2: Follow Command Prompts
2.png

Step 3: Follow Command Prompts
3.png

Step 4: Let the application do its magic

Original Thread by cmstlist over at XDA: [ROM]RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_2 6.06.04.06_M_release - xda-developers
-------------------

Once you have unrooted the phone, and finished setting up your device, be sure to have your wi-fi set up because the device will be available to download the update for HSUPA version.

To check to this, go to Settings, scroll all the way to the bottom to click on AT&T System Updates. You can check periodically, but it only took me about 5-10 minutes to get the update prompt and download it to install.

-----------------------

Market Store App Issues
Some members have been reporting that they can't see their device listed in the Market Store (not the app). To fix this, follow these steps:

Here is what I did to get it to work:
1. logout of all Google services on you PC
2. on the phone clear the Android Market cache and saved data
3. on the phone go to settings-accounts&sync and turn off auto-sync
4. tap on your primary gmail account in the same menu
5. manually sync all services (contacts, gmail, picassa, calendar - just to make sure)
6. you can now re-enable auto-sync
7. now go to Android Market app on your phone and accept the terms of service
8. download some app from your phone's Android Market (i did it to make sure it syncs with the market on the web)
9. now go to Android Market on your PC and log in
10. in your Market Account - settings you should see your phone listed

Last edited:

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
ok I think im about to do this so I start with the manual processes then work my down? O in the the manual processes I think you have a type-o Is it Place? and thanks for the responds very helpful so far

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
hahahahah lol well I mean I really like this phone and I can get the grasp of some tech stuff but I think I jump the gun about the rooting for now and I just got the phone and I just want to wait overall just to see how well this phone will last..When I had my Iphone it was about a year later when I did my JB for it.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Same here, when I had my iPhone I didn't do anything to it for about 8 months.

Let me know how it goes for you. I might just go back to stock for tutorial purposes.

If your phone doesn't have fast boot, then don't worry about it. Only if you have it you can turn it off. Some roms have fast boot already disabled.

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
i have fast boot enable so then I guess I should disable it then yeah if you do that would be awesome im sure this thread would be popular and with a video if you ever did.. but thanks again for the help

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok i just did the stock Rom unroot so far so good =) just setting up my phone also when I first rooted my phone I had to install some PD98img.zip to the sd card now can I format my sd card and all is good.

couple of ?s 1 how can I rep you my good man lol 2.I have gmail how can I transfer my contacts over? 3. How can I rep you lol. thanks a lot!

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
If you have Gmail you can sync your contacts OTA. If not, depending on your email client, you can export a .CSV file and import it to Gmail via desktop and it will sync to your phone OTA. I hope that helps.

The rep points are on the Thanks - bottom right.

Ok, I can't stand this. Stock ROMs are not for me, lol. re-rooting and going back to GingerBeast :D lol

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
hahah cool just setting my contacts and I just apply a rep for you friend.. lol good stuff.. you think from my first root that i had to add some stuff to my sd card its cool to format that.

also can you install titanium back up when your not root to remove the bloatware

Reactions: homescrub

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
true what Rom are you going to use and if you dont mind lol showing whats all involved when putting Roms on the phone.
I'm going to put back GingerBeast ROM. To install them all it takes is for the phone to be rooted, and going through clockworkmod recovery from ROM Manager to install from your SD card. Full wipe and restore of apps and data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude