[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
On the subject of battery savings, I just tested this build prop value:

pm.sleep_mode=1

And it deceased my overnight battery drain in half. I've only tested it once, and so it might be a blip in the data. However, I recommend others try it out.

PetGhost

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I love this ROM so hard, Aphrodite was great, but this seems to be even more stable. I scored an 8.9 on Linpack before any of my tweaking, and that is about .6 higher then I had on Aphrodite 2.1. Very nice boot animation too. I recommend removing Swype however, because the user of the ROM can easily sign up for the beta and get an up-to-date version of it. Meanwhile, people like me who hate Swype can be happy with ThickButtons or whatever.

Thanks for cooking up this amazing rom! Keep up the good work!

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Reflashed. Same issues.
What you said about wifi drain might actually make me switch back roms if its true. I use wifi more than 3g. The battery drain is a definite though, idling and losing % from 100%.
Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Now if I could figure out how to remove the Virgin Mobile logo off of the phone people would not even know I was on a welfare/hobo phone.

Use absolute system tools and use the prop editor to change the text in the dropdown box from virgin mobile to what ever you want

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Happy hop-hop day everyone!

Thanks very much for the optional notification bars! This should help a lot of people in their theming, and it's a great optional supplement to this fantastic ROM. Thanks for providing them! (Why did Takenover put these out *after* I finished mine yesterday?! DEAR GODS WHY?! :p).

Battery life has been about, for me, on par with experiences jemel has been having somewhat.
Rodimus was the 'battery benchmark' for my device as well, as it provided some of the best battery life results on all the ROMS I've tried.

That said, I'd say I'm draining a bit more with the same everyday activities as I did with Aphrodite 1.3.3. It's certainly not to say I'm feeling a massive difference of drain, and I haven't done hard proof testing in mmarz style, so I'm speaking strictly of feel after a day of usage.

I wish I could provide some concrete numbers here, but with the Easter holiday, my device is getting a bit of a workout today.

Obviously set ups differ,and widget/process usage vary for each of us (I generally have WiFi on 95% of the time, Gps on, Very light and sporatic on-demand 3g data usage, 2-3 widgets refreshing often on my 'desktop' while at a constant 768 Performance profile in SetCPU). So mileage varying and whatnot.

Charging on Harmonia is, and I have to echo this here, has been an absolutely fantastic thing so far. Charges occur noticably faster with this ROM over any I've used previously, via either usb or outlet.

Unlike vee, I have not experienced a loss of charge plugged in (either through USB or outlet), while having running functions like WiFi or TuneIn Radio running. Not to say a bug with Wi-Fi couldn't exist, I've just not had any personal experience with any.

Day 2 for me commences with no hard locks, few reasons to reboot, and general performance being in line with the Aphrodite series from before.

What else are you guys seeing?

-K

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Had my phone connected most of the time so didn't really notice battery drain. Now I have noticed that there is indeed a highly noticeable difference.

Don't remember exactly but on aphrodite 1.32(?) I was on pace for something like 65+ hours total battery life while on wifi, now I am on pace for about 12.

Also noticed something like ami304 in my battery usage stats, not using much but never noticed it before. Really hope the battery thing isn't a complicated fix because this rom seems much faster than aphrodite 1.x.x, besides the drain I have zero issues with this rom.

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Obviously set ups differ,and widget/process usage vary for each of us (I generally have WiFi on 95% of the time, Gps on, Very light and sporatic on-demand 3g data usage, 2-3 widgets refreshing often on my 'desktop' while at a constant 768 Performance profile in SetCPU). So mileage varying and whatnot.

Charging on Harmonia is, and I have to echo this here, has been an absolutely fantastic thing so far. Charges occur noticably faster with this ROM over any I've used previously, via either usb or outlet.

Unlike vee, I have not experienced a loss of charge plugged in (either through USB or outlet), while having running functions like WiFi or TuneIn Radio running. Not to say a bug with Wi-Fi couldn't exist, I've just not had any personal experience with any.

Day 2 for me commences with no hard locks, few reasons to reboot, and general performance being in line with the Aphrodite series from before.

What else are you guys seeing?

-K

My usage is almost identical to yours in every way. I charged this morning for a bit (left if off charger last night and I was down to 40% or something, charged it up to about 80, and now, just a few hours later with only light usage and I'm down to 42%.

Something is definitely afoot.

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for following up, jmel. Yeah, something is certainly curious about this.

I'm at 3h 52m 46s unplugged as of this post (so, roughly just under 4 hours now), and I'm only down to 93%

Same usage as we've discussed, and a bit more text usage to family for the holiday. A discrepancy of this size does seem to be awfully intriguing. Anyone else compare/contrast their early impressions so far?

-K

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I lost 20% over 12 hours. Received a few text and notifications during that time. I can deal with that. That's 1-2% per hour. This is with the bumblebee kernel. (480/768 interactive)
I also have wifi keep alive running, with Sipdroid. So sounds like to me maybe it's kernel related.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I'm having besides the battery life like some of you is that the stock email app wont let me log into yahoo. Any way to fix it besides dowloading yahoo mail from the market?

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that I am burning through my battery pretty fast. Wifi usage sucks it down, 3g seems slower drain. I haven't been posting my findings because I was using JuiceDefender before and I have dumped it after the last update. Going to setup mmarz's droidwall scripts later to see if that helps. My usage has changed too.

On the whole this rom is solid. I miss the gingerbread elements of RodimusRom's black and blue theme but I can live. I am not going to the cm7 Roms we have here untilled they are solid like this.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
This is easily in my opinion the greatest and best rom available for Optimus V users right now. I've tried them all, and this one leaves them standing in the dust in almost every category. One question though... Why 2 "Harmonia" boot animations? The second one looks much classier and is suitable alone. I'm really impressed with the work done to make this rom great, and I'm very appreciative.

- Nick

Sent from my Optimus V
First you have the LG animation on bootup, this is the power on animation. No way to change this.
Next is a kernel animation, that's the one with Harmonia + Picasticks. That is where the Virgin animation used to sit.
After that is the green Harmonia logo. This replaced the ugly gray-ish Android logo.
After that is where you get the normal boot animation that people replace with various animations. This was removed from the Aphrodite family as a whole.

Why two Harmonia logos? I didn't want to leave "Android".

you have "black with small letters" and "grey with small letters" switched. i kept like freaking out until i realize there was a silly error lol
Thanks, I'll double check those.

I'll look into the wifi burning up the battery.

The charging bug was related to Xionia 005.
We aren't using that, which is why charging is faster.

The wifi drain however, is likely caused by the same reason. I suspect that RevolutionRed used the Optimus S wifi drivers. For this I went back to the wifi system from Virgin (almost everything is stock Virgin) and that is likely the cause. I'll do a hybrid and see if that fixes it. I may have to post it up and let you guys test though, I have no clue about my battery life as my hone is always being torn apart and rebuilt.

Thinking back, if you look at Marzz's battery tests, he showed that stock Virgin was the worst for battery life. Maybe this is why.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Harmonia 1.0.1 is released.
This should be pretty simple as there is so few things that can be causing it. It's nice having prior work to base changes from, thanks for helping diagnose it guys.

Harmonia 1.0 users can just flash this right over the top without worry.
Warning, it will return the statusbar to stock, and any custom config files.

Note:
Those with custom scripts and such can just replace tun.ko and wireless.ko as these are the only things I replaced. The rest of the wireless system is identical between this and Aphrodite.

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
In process of rewipe to have a go with 1.0.1.

I know we can safely just flash it over 1.0, but I'm one of those 'start fresh and backstep if I need to troubleshoot' type of person. :p

I'm still curious why I wasn't getting the drain as badly as others with 1.0. It was higher, without a doubt, but nowhere near the pull a few of you guys had (light usage, functions enabled as above, currently at 6h 52m 37s at 87%).

Ah well, I suppose it matters little now. Off to 1.0.1!

-K

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
In process of rewipe to have a go with 1.0.1.

I know we can safely just flash it over 1.0, but I'm one of those 'start fresh and backstep if I need to troubleshoot' type of person. :p

I'm still curious why I wasn't getting the drain as badly as others with 1.0. It was higher, without a doubt, but nowhere near the pull a few of you guys had (light usage, functions enabled as above, currently at 6h 52m 37s at 87%).

Ah well, I suppose it matters little now. Off to 1.0.1!

-K

Have a look at Marzz's battery test results thread. Stock Virgin did pretty badly. Some of that probably had to do with a crappy wireless driver. Obviously going 100% stock Virgin isn't such a great idea.

As to why you had it better, signal quality, and 3g vs wireless may also have had something to with it.

Another thing to consider is the new toy effect.
They had something new to play with, and spent the day playing with it, wearing it down faster than normal.

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I remember stock battery life... I.. I try to forget such things. :p

1.0.1 is installed and fired up. First thing I attempted and tried to enable Wi-Fi, and it just displays 'Error' and remains unchecked when selected.

Just a head's up for others to check if they get the same result.

Edit: Attempted a reboot, and had the same issue after as well. 3G enable/disable works just fine.

-K

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I will confirm this. Was in the middle of wiping anyway. I will edit this post with my results.
Edit: Confirmed. Error when trying to enable wifi.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201