ARCHIVED: [ROM] RodimusROM v1.2.3 + xionia [4/3/11] All themes update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Me either... Only other feature I use is the swiping of dock icons, so that I can double up on what each one does. Oh, and the notifications (emails, missed calls, sms counts) on each icon.
Yeah, I do missed calls, SMS, and email (even though I don't have email icon).

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, Thanks. I really just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with wifi. I know leslieann is using the 013 kernal in hers and i was wondering if I could overclock higher with it as I can only get to 768 right now with 005.

A new kernel will not let you overclock any higher. Each processor is different, so some will only overclock to 768. Some even lower.

Could you provide the 005 by any chance? I would just flash the Rom over my install to regain the kernel but the rom has a wipe script.
Will flashing the theme restore the 005kernel? I installed 13 but read about the bugs. 013 doesn't feel as smooth on any governor.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

If you have a nandroid from when you had 005, I think you can just do an "advanced restore" of "boot" and it will bring you back to 005 (nandroid first). If not I'll make a zip later with 005 on it.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to completely disable the timed wifi scanning so that it only scans for AP's when I select scan? At home I connect to my AP, but it's still scanning for other ones.

overthinkingme

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
A new kernel will not let you overclock any higher. Each processor is different, so some will only overclock to 768. Some even lower.

If you have a nandroid from when you had 005, I think you can just do an "advanced restore" of "boot" and it will bring you back to 005 (nandroid first). If not I'll make a zip later with 005 on it.

Amazing. Much appreciated.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, Thanks. I really just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with wifi. I know leslieann is using the 013 kernal in hers and i was wondering if I could overclock higher with it as I can only get to 768 right now with 005.

Actually.
013 is for testing and experimentation, it was most definitely not ready for prime time. SetCpu crashes after the cpu loads up. There is also issues with sdcard/usb mounting and unmounting. It does work though. Mmarz version does a bit better. Certain other overclock systems do better on both of them.

008 for the Optimus V has significant issues, don't bother. I settled on the S version of 008 for Aphrodite 2.0 because with a few tweaks it seems to be running good but it's not just a quick install. You can't just flash it and expect it to work, as you can tell from the S kernels on V thread. Later kernels have less benefits for us anyhow.

As for your overclock, the kernel can help, but don't expect miracles.

Reactions: liquidmass

liquidmass

Dec 29, 2010
optimusv.wikispaces.com
OOooooOOoo I'm digging the new theme buddy! well done! ;)

After trying out both gingerbread roms (zef's and the AOSP) I have decided to go back to froyo. Battery drain, broken/buggy bluetooth, weird issues with many apps and games, weird audio issues, no MMS receiving, In-Call display not coming back on for long time after call ends or needing to be plugged in.... just not ready for prime time imo. Rodimus howver, is very, very good! I just love some of the features and available settings the CM7 has, electron beam, phone goggles, built in overclocking. I am trying to replicate many of those features with froyo apps/tweaks. It would be so great if someone could release a CM6 and crack VM's MMS/SMS protical.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
All themes have been updated. No more fly-in animations and the notification font color is finally fixed on the black status bar themes :)

bswann

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
There is no wiping needed, it does it for us correct? Does this one have stock launcher by default or do i need to flash it too?

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Did the fly in animation cause trouble? I liked them. But if they caused lag issues. I can and will happily live without.

I am trying to trim my apps. Can I remove swype without harm? I started using gingerbread keyboard from the market.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Did the fly in animation cause trouble? I liked them. But if they caused lag issues. I can and will happily live without.

I am trying to trim my apps. Can I remove swype without harm? I started using gingerbread keyboard from the market.

Yep, nandroid and just remove /data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod as well as /system/app/swype.apk and you're good to go.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

For me, fly-in was super laggy unless I was at 600mhz or overclocked. So when the battery started to drain and I slowed the CPU to conserve battery it was very laggy/jumpy/choppy.

What's good about the Gingerbread keyboard that you think is better than swype?

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
For me, fly-in was super laggy unless I was at 600mhz or overclocked. So when the battery started to drain and I slowed the CPU to conserve battery it was very laggy/jumpy/choppy.

What's good about the Gingerbread keyboard that you think is better than swype?

Underclocking won't reduce battery usage, unfortunately.

I have not tested them, but a user over at XDA made some metamorph themes in case anyone wants to add them back.

[MORPH] Transition Animations v0.1 BETA (Bounce, Flip, Fly, Stock) *3/7/11* - xda-developers

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I like typing rather than swyping, when I typed on swype it would lag behind me. I now think it was a lag issue not swype itself. The stock and gingerbread keyboards error correct more correctly. I don't have to backspace as much. However they do take up more screen with an extra row for punctuation. I am still testing it out.

Edit
After using stock and gingerbread keyboards they are virtually the same. Gingerbread having some cool UI improvements over froyo. I like the color and improvements but I will stick with the stock over either Swype or Gingerbread keyboards.

Last edited:

RKBA

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I liked the fly-in animations. I'm assuming that when it says they were removed, they were removed, and not just made a toggle option, correct?

Edit: OK, that's what I get for pausing to pay attention to the TV in the middle of writing my post. I see from mmmark111's most recent comment that they would need to be added in. Nevermind.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Isn't power draw a function of CPU speed?

Yes, and no.
There is a balance to be struck. The problem is that using variable frequency also uses juice, time and processing power. You can create an initial lag/power spike each time it changes frequencies. Also, more speed requires exponentially more power, while going down, you don't recover power exponentially, so going too far on either is actually bad as well for juice.

In a desktop, you don't worry about how much power you are using so long as you get teh speed, ina phone or laptop you have to balance juice vs. performance.

Read this whole thread for some interesting and surprising results.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...attery-drain-optimization-tests-part-2-a.html

Some of the results lead me to wonder if these phones don't automatically throttle the cpu (in either speed or votage) and doing it with an app is conflicting with it.

bswann

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
To remove Launcher Pro do I just remove the apk from data/data/sys/app? or are there any other files to remove too? I use ADW EX so I am just trying to remove what I do not need. This is an awesome Rom and I am loving it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.