Question Root lever folder

Cohiba54

May 28, 2023
Visit site
How do I create a new file folder on Panasonic Toughbook FZ-A3 running Android 9? When I open "Files" the only folder I see is " Download". I can create a folder within Downlod which is then a sub folder. I don't want a sub folder, I want a new folder at the same level as " Downlod" in files".

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You may not be able to with the stock files app on the phone. There may be other file explorer applications like ES File Explorer or Total Commander. It's been a while since I have used a third-party file explorer, so those may not be available anymore.

Otherwise, you might be able to create one if you connect the device to a PC. Once you connect it with a cable you may have to click on the Android System notification to connect via a different connection.

Reactions: Cohiba54

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't remember if there were any odd restrictions with Android 9, but on Android 10 at least, I can create new root-level directories using Files by Google. On the main screen, select "Internal Storage" under Storage Devices. Then tap the plus sign at the lower right.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't remember if there were any odd restrictions with Android 9, but on Android 10 at least, I can create new root-level directories using Files by Google. On the main screen, select "Internal Storage" under Storage Devices. Then tap the plus sign at the lower right.
I almost suggested Files by Google, but I couldn't remember if there was an OS limitation on the app (ie. minimum API level 10, or Android 10).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith