Rooting a Nexus 7

Lukashenko

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I got my nexus 7 a month ago and loved it. So now I decided ill try rooting it, and while I was looking for ways on how to, I found this way called One click root. From what I read the only thing I need to do is download something to my pc and click here and there and done. I know rooting is kind of a hard to a newbie, and this seems just too easy. Does it really works?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I got my nexus 7 a month ago and loved it. So now I decided ill try rooting it, and while I was looking for ways on how to, I found this way called One click root. From what I read the only thing I need to do is download something to my pc and click here and there and done. I know rooting is kind of a hard to a newbie, and this seems just too easy. Does it really works?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

If you want an automated method, I suggest wugs toolkit. You can do it manually if you follow ragnarox or my threads stickied on here as well. Its not that hard you just need to follow direction s.

VaynardX

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted mine yesterday, and I used Wugfresh's Nexus Root Toolkit. It's very easy. Just install the drivers(there's an option to do a complete driver installation) first, and then go to rooting afterwards. The toolkit itself will guide you through the process.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Rooted mine 10l minutes after receiving it using wugs toolkit

Worked like a charm, once you get your drivers installed

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus :(

Paul Ronne

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Rooted mine 10l minutes after receiving it using wugs toolkit

Worked like a charm, once you get your drivers installed

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus :(

Yes... Very easy you tube has video of qbking doing wugs root. Watch that then do it. Then I suggest buying root manager from play store and goo manager (free) then flashing ROMs are as easy as a button push. Have fun and enjoy a open world we call root.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
The automated methods are great but there is value in learning the manual ways too for the times when you screw something up and need to get closer to the metal to fix it. It's next to impossible to completely brick a nexus but that doesn't make it any less unnerving when you think you managed to do just that. Knowing the manual methods will give you the confidence to just hook it up to a computer and get back up and running in no time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes... Very easy you tube has video of qbking doing wugs root. Watch that then do it. Then I suggest buying root manager from play store and goo manager (free) then flashing ROMs are as easy as a button push. Have fun and enjoy a open world we call root.

Yea, i used qbking for help

Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2

My notification bar >>>>>> yours

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lethabo Mokoena