rooting and can't figure it out.

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I have everything back together and working now on Viper XL . I don't know for sure how it came about, but it works. I found a stock RUU and I think flashed it from the PC. Then went and flashed or installed the TWRP backup. Then unlocked the relocked bootloader. Then went and flashed the Viper XL and did a back up. Been battling the connecting to the PC thing. Sometimes it does and sometimes it don't. But then I tried to make a phone call and the phone didn't work but everything else in the system seemed to. I tried to go back to the factory RUU thing and then it hung in boot up on a black screen but would go to fastboot usb. So I flashed Viper XL 3.1 (flashed Viper XL 3.2 the first time) now everything seems to be working fine. I may have not have said all the steps I did right but WTH. a newbie got a HTC One x going and don't know how he did it after a MAJOR screw up.

Good job on fixing your phone. Just remember that sometimes the downloads of ROMs can be corrupted, which is why you want to verify the MD5 hash against the one provided for the ROM in the forum. I had to re-download ViperXL 3 times until I got a stable copy. Not checking results in failed installs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Any news for the one x +??? And s-off I do t got time for this crap I'm working 5 10s mite go to 6

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Any news for the one x +??? And s-off I do t got time for this crap I'm working 5 10s mite go to 6

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Yeah I think I am staying stock ROM and rooted till s off. The current method of flashing bites. One thing I love about my Sammy phones. Ease of rooting and flashing

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Instead of hooking up to PC and fastboot flashing boot.img that way, get Flash Image GUI from the Play Store. Does it for you. Of course you still have to flash the ROM in recovery, but Flash Image takes all the hassle out of the boot.img dilemma.

Nocturnal'd Dirty Rom Evita

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29