Rooting EVO with Unrevoked

cardude10

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I will be using unrevoked to root my EVO before I do that I had few questions :-
a) What kind of precautions I should take before I use unrevoked.
b) After unrevoked what roms should I use to flash the device. I am looking for a rom which has sprint apps.
c) If something does go wrong. How do I revert back to the stock install.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I will be using unrevoked to root my EVO before I do that I had few questions :-
b) After unrevoked what roms should I use to flash the device. I am looking for a rom which has sprint apps.

Rooting by itself shouldn't do anything to make you lose data, apps, etc. However, there is always the risk of something either going wrong or making a mistake. I would suggest using appbrain or some other way to back up the apps you use. Once rooted, you can use Titanium backup.

I don't see anything wrong with using unrevoked. It's up to you though. I do prefer Amon Ra for a recovery once you're rooted though.

Use a "Sense" based ROM. Myn's is the most popular, but there's tons out there on xda.

You can follow the "how to unroot and return to stock" sticky.

cardude10

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
After I root my phone . I am looking to do few things like load a rom which doesn't eat that much battery life. I guess gingerbread ROM's are not stable enough for EVO yet.

Once I root what tools can be used to use a different rom's which are stable and I can use all the phone functions (GPS and all radios)

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site