rooting for dummies?

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
are there any resources on rooting for dummies? Lol I traded my s3 for a note 2 and it came rooted on cleanrom ace 4.2.5 I love the root but I am clueless about this technology and would like to make better use of it? I know I can now tether with the native app but I'd like to use the wireless tether app (green wifi logo) and it doesn't seem to work? I'd also like to be able to learn how to improve the LTE radio and battery life etc? Anyways, thanks for any help it's an amazing phone...

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
For battery-life, you could use SetCPU, and underclock your Note 2.
It does make it significantly slower, but that's what you get. Or just dim your screen.
Though, if you want better performance, with sub-par battery life, you could over clock your
system!

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
are there any resources on rooting for dummies? Lol I traded my s3 for a note 2 and it came rooted on cleanrom ace 4.2.5 I love the root but I am clueless about this technology and would like to make better use of it? I know I can now tether with the native app but I'd like to use the wireless tether app (green wifi logo) and it doesn't seem to work? I'd also like to be able to learn how to improve the LTE radio and battery life etc? Anyways, thanks for any help it's an amazing phone...

Much as I like Android Central, the best overall place for CleanROM info is in this thead dedicated to at xda-developers: [ROM][3/18] CleanROM ACE 4.6.1V ★| Legendary Stability and Performance | DMB3 Base |★ - xda-developers Scott the CleanROM developer creator hangs out on the thread and there are many others who are very knowledgeable about it. However there are CleanROM experts here as well.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
so what exactly are the benefits of rooting this device? when i rooted my thunderbolt, i was able to get ICS and better battery life. if i root my note 2 from what i understand, ill get worse battery life and lose use of my s pen. so what are the benefits? i like getting 27+ hrs of battery life

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
so what exactly are the benefits of rooting this device? when i rooted my thunderbolt, i was able to get ICS and better battery life. if i root my note 2 from what i understand, ill get worse battery life and lose use of my s pen. so what are the benefits? i like getting 27+ hrs of battery life

The main benefit to rooting the Note is to run a custom ROM like BeansROM. ROMS offer some or a ton of customizations and there are plenty based on Touchwiz, so you will not lose s-pen or multi-view functionality. Battery life is based on the kernel. So a close to stock ROM with stock kernel will provide similar battery life to stock with the benefit of customization and the ability to use apps like titanium backup for your apps.

Sent from my SCH-I605

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually don't see custom ROMs as being a particularly compelling reason to root. I love the stock ROM, but have rooted in order to use foreign SIMs for both voice and data. Bottom line: everyone has their own reasons to root.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I actually don't see custom ROMs as being a particularly compelling reason to root. I love the stock ROM, but have rooted in order to use foreign SIMs for both voice and data. Bottom line: everyone has their own reasons to root.

Good point. Custom ROMS are the reason I root, but there are certainly other reasons for rooting. And a lot of today's top flight phones are pretty darn good right out of the box, there's not a lot missing anymore that would compel someone to root. My wife's GNOTE 2 has been stock from day one and she can't find fault with her device.

Sent from my Nexus 7

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
After being a flashaholic with my thunderbolt, its nice to have a device that has what I need and doesn't need to be rooted

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23