Runaway Dialer?

EVO-lutionary

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
5479375200_af16fdedfa_b.jpg

What the heck? This is not normal but I can't seem to get it to stop. I force closed the dialer and I rebooted to. But its just demolishing my battery! Started just last night. It used 11% of my battery in an hour. Normally with heavy use my battery is at like 50% come bedtime. I have an Evo, running CyanogenMod 7.0.0 RC. Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

PS: I know it says I have 92% remaining after 2 hours standby but it had actually been at 84% when it said that. I tossed it on the charger. But the battery info hadn't updated yet. So it used 16% of my battery in 2 hours on this screenshot. Is that normal? I've never seen it use much battery before.

Last edited:

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to see the "Screenshot" of whatever you have taken. What exactly you believe is "Draining" your battery.

Biffer

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
This was posted at XDA. I have no idea if it works. I had the same issue (and many others) on CM7, and have quit using it until the next stable release.

[FIX]Dialer Battery Drain CM7 Builds

"I have seen more and more posts about the Dialer draining battery for power and noone knows why.

After som intensive googling i ended up on MoDaCo's Forum were Chall32 spotted a fix for this back on CM6 builds wich aso seem to work for CM7 builds, and it will make you go: is that all it takes? lol

Turn off (as in un-tick) the "Turn to mute" setting via: Home Screen > Menu > Settings > Call Settings> Turn over silence

Seems like the Dialer is constantly checking for phone position and therefor consuming alot more power than necasary.

Again thx to chall32 at MoDaCo's Forum for spotting this..

EVO-lutionary

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!! I did that and it was indeed turned on so I shut that off I will post in a few hours to let you know if it worked. But hopefully it did!