Running Temp on Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Pokaroo

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Long time reader (lurker for here and crackberry) but since bumping my BB devices to Android i thought id poke around. :)
Anyways, I grabbed the TabPRO 8.4 the other day and while I'm really enjoying the device im finding that it runs pretty warm when doing random daily things (browse, flip mainly). I understand that devices get warm, but im just finding that it gets noticeably warm. I downloaded an app to track the heat (cpuz) and when it gets to the point where i take notice of the heat, its reaching around 37/38 cel. Idle is about 30/31. So not a big bump in heat so im i just being too sensitive to the case or are others noticing the same thing?

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Long time reader (lurker for here and crackberry) but since bumping my BB devices to Android i thought id poke around. :)
Anyways, I grabbed the TabPRO 8.4 the other day and while I'm really enjoying the device im finding that it runs pretty warm when doing random daily things (browse, flip mainly). I understand that devices get warm, but im just finding that it gets noticeably warm. I downloaded an app to track the heat (cpuz) and when it gets to the point where i take notice of the heat, its reaching around 37/38 cel. Idle is about 30/31. So not a big bump in heat so im i just being too sensitive to the case or are others noticing the same thing?

Thanks!

That seems a little warm, but I don't think it's that bad. Big screen, working processor and such.

Pokaroo

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hottest i got it was 40c, that was with heavy internet use and photo editing. Idle sits around 25c but it gets to 35 pretty quick when browsing. Ill start using the default browser instead of chrome to see if thats the reason.

Pokaroo

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Seeing that i have the Nexus 5 (same chipset), i ran pretty much the same things side by side with my 8.4 and the heat performance is pretty much identical. Ran heavy browsing for about 15min and each device was balancing between 34-36cel, the Nexus 5 handles the heat a lot better so i didnt notice it as much. Im assuming the rubberised backing on the Nexus5 doesnt transfer heat as much as to the plastic backing of the 8.4, let alone the 8.4 having a much larger glass surface so it was easier to tell notice on the larger device. I guess these SD800's like to get really warm when doing every day things. I wonder how the cpu heat ramps up on the larger tablets running samsungs chips.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly