S Pen not connecting

christianttt

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I got a notification "S Pen is disconnected". It works with the screen with no problem but can't use gestures, like pressing the S Pen button to take pictures.
Somebody else with this problem?

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is bluetooth enabled on the phone (S-Pen rich actions will not work without it)? If you insert the pen into the siloh, do you get the 'connecting' message or any error? Do you have another S-Pen you can try? It could be that the internal battery for the S-Pen has died and not charging any more, so a new pen would solve the problem.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it's incredibly unlikely to be the "battery", the S-Pen actually uses a super capacitor which should easily hit a usable lifespan of a decade. And should actually last far longer than that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'd say it's incredibly unlikely to be the "battery", the S-Pen actually uses a super capacitor which should easily hit a usable lifespan of a decade. And should actually last far longer than that.
I don't recall any going bad on my Notes but I'm sure can happen

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

TasnimaErin

Dec 2, 2023
Visit site
I got a notification "S Pen is disconnected". It works with the screen with no problem but can't use gestures, like pressing the S Pen button to take pictures.
Somebody else with this problem?

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk
I was curious to know how you solved this problem. I am also facing the same thing with my S pen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts