S pen not working at all on my note 9

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I think I have a pretty unique problem. My samsung note 9 will not recognize my s pen no matter what. I have ordered a new one from Amazon, slipped it in the port and nothing. I have Googled and investigated everything. Tried resetting the s pen. Tried wiping cache. Tried resetting the whole phone. When I first turn the ohone on, I feel the vibration and the little menu pops up when I remove the s pen. The first time only. It even registers the little tip light on the screen. After that, nothing. The phone never finds it. Never acknowledges it. Never senses when I put it back or remove it until I restart the phone again. I have had pie and now android 10. Same issue. It is like the pen is not charging in the socket. I was thinking of finding someone who has a note 9 and trying to charge my pen in their phone. Have not found anyone yet. I tried my wife's note 8 pen just to see if it sensed I was placing it in or removing it from my phone. It did not. All I am left with is there is a hardware issue with the charging inside the compartmenr. I have heard no one speak of this. Nor have I any idea how an s pen charges. Wirelessly I gather. I purchased the phone second hand so I don't know if this problem has existed since inception. My pen looks authentic but even if it was not, I ordered one from Amazon, double checked the reviews and made sure it was Bluetooth. Still nothing. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone still under warranty? If so, I'd contact Samsung about it.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I think I have a pretty unique problem. My samsung note 9 will not recognize my s pen no matter what. I have ordered a new one from Amazon, slipped it in the port and nothing. I have Googled and investigated everything. Tried resetting the s pen. Tried wiping cache. Tried resetting the whole phone. When I first turn the ohone on, I feel the vibration and the little menu pops up when I remove the s pen. The first time only. It even registers the little tip light on the screen. After that, nothing. The phone never finds it. Never acknowledges it. Never senses when I put it back or remove it until I restart the phone again. I have had pie and now android 10. Same issue. It is like the pen is not charging in the socket. I was thinking of finding someone who has a note 9 and trying to charge my pen in their phone. Have not found anyone yet. I tried my wife's note 8 pen just to see if it sensed I was placing it in or removing it from my phone. It did not. All I am left with is there is a hardware issue with the charging inside the compartmenr. I have heard no one speak of this. Nor have I any idea how an s pen charges. Wirelessly I gather. I purchased the phone second hand so I don't know if this problem has existed since inception. My pen looks authentic but even if it was not, I ordered one from Amazon, double checked the reviews and made sure it was Bluetooth. Still nothing. Any ideas?

Your phone is configured by Samsung with its original S Pen . It sounds to me like you haven't RESET THE S PEN. You have to do this whenever inserting a new S Pen into the phone(I'd broken one in the past). In the notification panel long press S PEN AIR GESTURES. If it's OFF, put it ON. Then click the menu icon in the upper right corner of the screen. You'll see RESET S PEN. Follow the instructions.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay