S10+ Reset Country Settings

TeddyMan03

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I bought my phone in Singapore but live in Australia. Every so often I get a strange Singapore-centric occurance such as:

- Samsung Store wants me to upgrade - Singapore Pay or some other Singapore App
- When I'm OS, the Home Clock is set to Singapore time.

Despite my Samsung Store, General settings and accounts all set to Australia, there is no way of changing the phone.

What I have noticed is under Samsung Account settings, under Country, it says Singapore in grey, and I'm unable to change it. Even though this account has been around for many years as Australian.

This happened with my note 3, I spoke to Samsung Tech support who instructed my how to do a reset and it fixed everything.

Tried with Samsung email, online chat and anything else and they were all completely useless. Which is starting to become a common thing with them.

Any advice would be great.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You'd need to contact Samsung to modify the country associated with your Samsung account (if it was created in Singapore and you want to change it to Australia). However, as I'm sure they'll tell you, all history associated with that account will be lost in the process. If that's a big deal to you, then you might want to avoid that.

Now, in terms of updates and software, it shouldn't matter if your account is from Singapore (I'm using my account, originally from Mexico and STILL set to Mexico) with US phones living in the US and using US services without issues (services that are not available in Mexico, as Samsung Pay was for a while for instance).

IF the OS from the phone is from Singapore, that's a different matter (updates would be received for anything released for that specific model in that specific region, even if you live abroad). You can't change that unless you flash a ROM from a different country (as long as it is compatible 100% with the hardware and device model you own).

TeddyMan03

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
Hey SpookDroid,

Thanks so much for your logical reply, however, I'm dealing with not so logical Samsung customer service.

Since your post, I've gone on the Samsung Chat and called them, and each person says something different but ultimately they dont know what I'm talking about.

They all direct me to the clock settings. It's getting beyond frustrating.