S20 FE Pre-order $70 Accessories Promotion

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up for anyone who isn't aware that the $70 in accessories promo at the Samsung site is available beyond orders directly from Samsung.

My pre-order from Verizon of the S20 FE has had the promo approved by Samsung. I assume this will be the case for the other carriers, too.

Download the Shop Samsung app from the Play Store (or Samsung Store probably), pull out the left side menu, and go to My Inbox. You'll probably see the promo ad there and a link to check for eligibility. You'll need proof of purchase of some sort (shipping slip, invoice, email, etc.) that shows it was ordered during the pre-order window.

Mine was approved in less than 12 hours.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed it worked for T-mobile.

Have you received the code yet? I haven't.

EDIT: I just got mine a few minutes ago.

Got the 25W charger and the USB-C earbuds (I haver some better ones but plan to get my wife an S20 FE for Christmas so the buds are for her). Came to $64.98.

Last edited:

bandreola

Oct 5, 2020
Visit site
Does anyone know if the FE will be compatible with the Google Fi network? I wanna get this phone, but when I ask Google Fi if it's compatible, they just say that it is not on their list of compatible devices. I can't imagine that it wouldn't be, but I don't want to buy this phone, only to find out that I'll have to change my carrier. Thoughts?

Thanks!

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Have you received the code yet? I haven't.

EDIT: I just got mine a few minutes ago.

Got the 25W charger and the USB-C earbuds (I haver some better ones but plan to get my wife an S20 FE for Christmas so the buds are for her). Came to $64.98.
I just got my. I ordered 25w before I heard about this. Not sure what I'm going to get.

loganweaponx007

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I just received my email. It took about 24 hours after being approved. Now to do add the wife's and buy her the Galaxy Buds Live she's been wanting.

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I was approved, but never received codes? I got a button to "redeem now" but it just opens the store in the web browser with no coupon or discount. The lady from chat told me they'd be emailed to me in 4-6 weeks? Does this sound right?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I was approved, but never received codes? I got a button to "redeem now" but it just opens the store in the web browser with no coupon or discount. The lady from chat told me they'd be emailed to me in 4-6 weeks? Does this sound right?

No, not at all.

The first part is how it went for me. Since there was absolutely no indication of how to redeem and the app did as you describe, I started a chat in the store app. As usual, it was much more frustrating than it should've been, as I described the issue and then had to describe it again when he told me to do what I had just described I had already done...

Ultimately, I was told they'd be emailing the code, but it only took a couple of days to receive it. I submitted for approval Friday evening, was approved early Saturday morning, and received the promo code via email on Monday morning.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

4-6 weeks is the set timeframe, per the email you would have received upon registration:

S20 FE promo.JPG

This is not an uncommon practice, as it avoids the issues that can arise with how to handle the 'free' item or service a buyer may have received should they decide simply to return the product, with a 30-day return period being common.

It seems some are receiving them faster; perhaps you (and I) will see our codes shortly. Timeliness could also be impacted by vendor.

HoosierDaddy

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I hit a small snag (I hope). I was talking to a T-Mobile tech about something else and mentioned I would be pre-ordering one of these. She asked if I would order thru her (implying it would benefit her), so I did. Apparently, the tech didn't cross all the t's or something because I didn't get any order confirmation email. She definitely made sure I got the financial agreement (24 off-setting payments and credits) and e-signed it. When the phone showed up, no packing slip or receipt was included. T-Mobile says they can't generate one at this point. So I chatted with Samsung and they took a bunch of information and said I would get an email within a few days if they needed anything else. Really a pain. There should have been a receipt PDF attached to my account history, but just an entry saying a device was ordered without even mentioning what the device was.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I hit a small snag (I hope). I was talking to a T-Mobile tech about something else and mentioned I would be pre-ordering one of these. She asked if I would order thru her (implying it would benefit her), so I did. Apparently, the tech didn't cross all the t's or something because I didn't get any order confirmation email. She definitely made sure I got the financial agreement (24 off-setting payments and credits) and e-signed it. When the phone showed up, no packing slip or receipt was included. T-Mobile says they can't generate one at this point. So I chatted with Samsung and they took a bunch of information and said I would get an email within a few days if they needed anything else. Really a pain. There should have been a receipt PDF attached to my account history, but just an entry saying a device was ordered without even mentioning what the device was.

Try going into your account details online - you should be able to do a screenshot there showing the relevant information needed to submit for the offer.

On a separate note, regarding timeline, I just got my code. Submitted for the promotion on 10/5, confirmation of registration on 10/6, approval and code emailed today (10/8).

HoosierDaddy

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Try going into your account details online - you should be able to do a screenshot there showing the relevant information needed to submit for the offer.
I don't think I need to do anything. Told to expect approval from what I gave CS.

But, FWIW, there is no one place in my account that shows the model phone and order date. T-Mobile agrees its not anywhere. There SHOULD be a place in account history but it fails to mention what device was purchased, apparently due to some step the rep failed to do at time of order that their system doesn't force them to. But not a problem other than having to go thru T-Mobile then Samsung support to get the $70.

HoosierDaddy

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Got my link to redeem the credit.

There are limited choices and nothing over $70 that I was in the market for. So decided on a Fit 2. They have it for $59.99 OR a combo of it plus a case for $69.99. I don't think I would use that case but since any remainder of the $70 is lost, I chose the combo. But when checking out they wanted ~$20. It took a long time on chats to determine they have it the wrong price in the description. The actual description shows $89.98 crossed out with the $69.99 above it. Apparently someone cut and pasted the display code of the combo from another page of add-ons when buying a phone. So when the cart sees no phone in it, it used the $89.98 number and subtracts $69.99 from that since that was how much of the credit was applied. LoL

I went ahead and ordered just the Fit 2. The chat person kicked it upstairs to see if they will send me the case later. If I get it, I'll offer it in the forums for free. Does the Android side have a "pass it forward thread" like the Windows mobile side?

Untitled-1.jpg

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I got the same combo.. Both shipped separately.. I'm using the silicone case keeps phone slim ..also a thread in here somewhere to pass it along ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001