s21 restored s8 backup, android app groups folders didnt restore?

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I didnt see a group for the s21..

I ran a samsung and google apps restore on the new s21, however, all of my (many) groups didnt restore from the old phone.

Has anyone ran into this and know of a fix? Or maybe a way to grab them and send them accross?

Thanks in advance

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
App groups are not OS-native. They are completely dependent on the Launcher you use, and as such, also dependent on whether such groups/folders can be restored from a back up or the method required to do so if supported.

If you used a restore coming from Samsung's UI, home screen settings should have restored that for you.

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
App groups are not OS-native. They are completely dependent on the Launcher you use, and as such, also dependent on whether such groups/folders can be restored from a back up or the method required to do so if supported.

If you used a restore coming from Samsung's UI, home screen settings should have restored that for you.

In my case i wasnt using a launcher, i was using the native Android OS (version 9 in the old one i think, 11 in the s21), i used the samsung UI to restore but no groups came along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thewhitecarno