S21 Ultra in 2024

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Is anyone here still using the S21 Ultra in 2024? I have been using mine since late 2022, and it is still a beast. I imagine it technically will be for years. I do get an occasional glitch, stutter or other random annoying things, but nothing really that compromises the overall performance of the device. It's still super smooth with a great camera and display. I've tried other devices, and honestly, my thoughts were kinda "meh," and then picked up my S21 Ultra again. I recently picked up another (backup) device, and it once again reminded me of how good the S21U is.
I am probably in the minority, but I honestly I think I prefer the rounded design of the then "S," series compared to the boxy Note design. For me, it's easier to hold and also is less prone to scratching. Any time I've ever had a Note-style device with curved display, it gets scratched ridiculously easy. I have taken a dip in battery life unfortunately since using the device. It used to last me all day. It no longer does. According to Accubattery, my battery health is at 89%. Not sure how accurate that is, though.

My wife has the S22 Ultra. It's a good phone too, but honestly, I don't see any real practical reasons to upgrade to it, or even a newer device. I don't really care about the S-pen. I bought an S23 Ultra new from Amazon awhile back for a hefty price. I quickly returned it when I saw that it basically wasn't that much of an upgrade in my opinion to the S21U. In fact, the camera seemed like a bit of a downgrade. All the shots I took would come out extremely grainy looking, with not much variance in between tweaking the settings.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I bought my S21U new when it first came out in early 2021. I've kept it because I don't like the look of the newer models with the square corners and I don't think the features they have are all that improved over my S21U. The recent One UI 6.1 update makes mine really nice and all the more reason to keep it even longer.

I recently installed a new screen protector, replacing the old one that had been on it for over 3 years. I had to remove the phone from its protective case and that thing still looks as nice as the day I bought it. Also, I'm still getting 2-3 days between charges. I have fast charging disabled in the settings and I feel that contributes to a longer battery life because it doesn't get as warm while charging.

Last edited:

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah, I really don't like the look of newer devices, either. Personally, even though the design of the S20 Ultra/S21 Ultra is better for me, I think the old style Notes are pretty good too. The newer style "S," rebranded Notes, for me are just a bit too thick and gaudy for my own personal tastes.

I do think overall the design of the S21 Ultra is way better than the newer devices regardless. I really don't like the camera design on the new devices, either. My wife's S22U camera lenses constantly get dirty, both the lens itself and the ring around it. I don't have that problem with my device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52