S24 Ultra notification sound for Messages

Vernelle

Apr 4, 2024
Visit site
Thank you! 100 times (not bucks LOL) thank you! Been trying to figure this out since I bought the darn thing!
I hope that helps your problem. You did all the right things first like clearing the cache. If you make changes to your phone it's good to RESTART IT to sort of let it CLEAR IT'S THROAT AFTER THE CHANGES. HA!!
A GOOD PIECE OF ADVICE. YOU KNOW WHEN THE PHONE COMPANY SENDS YOU THOSE "SCHEDULED INSTALL UPDATE" TO YOUR PHONE... I'VE NOTICED THAT AFTER THE "UPDATE ALOT IF MY SETTING LIKE CONTACTS RING TONES OR LITTLE DETAILS HAVE BEEN RESET OR TURNED OFF.. SO IF YOU NOTICE YOUR PHONE ACTING STRANGE AFTER AN UPDATE..
1) RESTART IT AGAIN B/C THEY ARE MACHINES.
2) GO TO THE APPS YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLE WITH WITH AND CHECK SETTINGS..
**I've had to reset contact ringtones, notification sounds. I appreciate my phone companies updates but sometimes it's not worth all the hassle. It's only been like though for the last 1year. Technology..😜

Vernelle

Apr 4, 2024
Visit site
Hi. I don't know if you Received your Answer about Notification Sounds but this how I do it. I use SEPARATE SOUNDS FOR ALL MY APPS NOTIFICATIONS, CONTACT RINGTONES, ETC.
I think got hooked on separate sounds because I don't have time to LOOK at my Phone. It's easier to LISTEN FOR WHO IS MESSAGING OR CALLING ME.
➡️ So here is how I do it. First, yes every App needs Permission so you have to give it. Then what I do is I go to my MESSASSING/TEXTING APP.
➡️ When I receive a Notification from an APP say CVS, AMAZON, EBAY, A DOCTOR'S OFFICE when you Look in your MESSAGES you will see that Message come through as a NUMBER. EXAMPLE. CVS 4636 UR MEDICINE IS READY.. OR 8694 YOU HAVE AN APPT FRIDAY.
➡️ I CLICK ON THE NUMBER IN THE TEXTING APP(ANYOHE YOU USE DOESN'T MATTER). THE TEXTING APP SHOULD AASK YOU IF YOU WANT TO ADD IT AS A CONTACT. **IF UR TEXTING DOES NOT GIVE YIU THAT OPTION THEN GO TO 🔵 UR CONTACTS AND CREATE ONE AND USE EX. CVS TEXT NUMBER-FOR NAME & FOR THE NUMBER USE THE TEXT 4867 THAT WAS SENT TO YOU. AND SAVE IT.
➡️ NOW YOU CAN CREATE A SEPARATE NOTIFICATION SOUND BY GOING TO YOUR CONTACTS EX. GOING DOWN TO CVS TEXT NUMBER. GIVE IT A RINGTONES SOUND. SAVE. **NOW WHEN YOU GET A TEXT FROM CVS IT WILL PLAY THAT SOUND.. OR IN UR TEXTING APP SINCE YOU CREATED A CONTACT CVS TEXTING NUMBER, YOU CAN NOW CLICK 3 DOTS AT THE RIGHT TOP AND ADD ITS OWN NOTIFICATION SOUND.
SOO THERE YOU HAVE IT 2 WAYS TO GET UR OWN SEPARATE RINGS. I USE THE "ZEDTE" APP FOR MY SOUNDS AND WALLPAPERS.
HOPE IT HELPS...
I use this method with my Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 5g, and new
my Samsung S23ULTRA I just got in Jan 2024. It's a SIMPLE REMEDY CREATING A CONTACT(using the 4 digit text number & ringtone) or in the MESSAGING APP.
🤞I'm hoping this method will last for many, many years... One life crisis down.. a million to go.... 🤸🏽🤸🏽🤸🏽🤸🏽🤸🏽

Vernelle

Apr 4, 2024
Visit site
Why are you yelling?
Sorry.. I wasn't yelling. I forgot about typing etiquette that all Caps means "Yelling". 🤣.
🤔 I did it for 2 Reasons. 1. I have ☝️ Fat Fingers. When I have a lot to say sometimes it's just easier to leave them on.... Being lazy.
2. I was a teacher for many, many, many years. I wish when you Text-which was what I was using has no options like FONT COLOR, BACKGROUND COLOR, BOKD, UNDERLINE. 🤔💡☝️ Forget Ai. These keyboard Apps need to get a little more Diverse for the user besides choosing THEMES. I'm over that.
3. Lastly, I used All Caps to Distinguish regular conversation from my "DIRECTIONS".... I typed a lot. So I figured if you were 👁️👁️ scanning for the Answer it would be easier to find.
> I tried to do better this time not using all Caps to Reply but MAN 🤷🏻‍♀️ it took me forever. I choose not to take ⌨️ Keyboarding in High School. I regret to this Day. 🤣🤣. But I just saw that it's an option this platform. I've only been a MEMBER for 24 hours 🕕.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have a choice. My mom made me take typing class in high school. My typing teacher typed, it sounded like a Gatlin gun.
My high school required all students to take a typing class. I hated it then, but I'm glad I took it. Although I learnt on typewriters (yeah, I'm old), it became very useful for computer keyboards. I'm using a mechanical keyboard with brown switches nowadays. That clicky sensation is better to me than the keyboards that aren't mechanical.