S4 Battery, please help me

GermanSi

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post in this forum. My name is Germ?n (I?m from M?xico) I have a Galaxy S4 (Love it) and I have some questions with battery. I don?t know why but the battery life is I think bad. I bought this S4 2 days ago, and I have problems with battery. First, an example is that today, I went to play soccer with my friends and in the morning I have 99% battery percentage. I only used it like 15 minutes in 5 HOURS, yea 15 minutes in 5 HOURS, and my battery is now 87%, what?s happening????? Even I have disabled Google now, google maps, I have disabled all the smart features, etc, -5 brightness!!! Sometimes 1% of battery gets off in 3-4 minutes. And if I disable the Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, I will not receive any messages until i enter the app again!! I don?t know what do do, If take the s4 to TELCEL (Mexico carrier) to say them to check the phone. LEt me post some screenshots about the use, battery, apps, etc. I have seen people that their battery last 20 hours or maybe two days. Even if I have the phone in my pocket (lock; sleep, etc.) It looses 1% every 10 minutes.

I have the Google Play Store 4.1.10, because I read that is like a update to fix battery drain but it?s not working.
Another problem is that my s4 charges very quickly, like 1% up every 30-50 seconds. Another problem?

Oh and a question, I saw in a video that if I let the battery get to 0% and charge to 100% It could get a solution..

This is annoying for me, please help me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-29-13-48-22[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-29-13-48-22[1].jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2013-07-29-13-48-27[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-29-13-48-27[1].jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2013-07-29-13-48-32[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-29-13-48-32[1].jpg
    140 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2013-07-29-13-48-48[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-29-13-48-48[1].jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 40

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post in this forum. My name is Germ?n (I?m from M?xico) I have a Galaxy S4 (Love it) and I have some questions with battery. I don?t know why but the battery life is I think bad. I bought this S4 2 days ago, and I have problems with battery. First, an example is that today, I went to play soccer with my friends and in the morning I have 99% battery percentage. I only used it like 15 minutes in 5 HOURS, yea 15 minutes in 5 HOURS, and my battery is now 87%, what?s happening????? Even I have disabled Google now, google maps, I have disabled all the smart features, etc, -5 brightness!!! Sometimes 1% of battery gets off in 3-4 minutes. And if I disable the Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, I will not receive any messages until i enter the app again!! I don?t know what do do, If take the s4 to TELCEL (Mexico carrier) to say them to check the phone. LEt me post some screenshots about the use, battery, apps, etc. I have seen people that their battery last 20 hours or maybe two days. Even if I have the phone in my pocket (lock; sleep, etc.) It looses 1% every 10 minutes.

I have the Google Play Store 4.1.10, because I read that is like a update to fix battery drain but it?s not working.
Another problem is that my s4 charges very quickly, like 1% up every 30-50 seconds. Another problem?

Oh and a question, I saw in a video that if I let the battery get to 0% and charge to 100% It could get a solution..

This is annoying for me, please help me.

Try that power cycle thing you mentioned. If that doesn't fix it then I would say buy a new battery or ask the carrier for a replacement

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

GermanSi

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks man! Yea, this week I will go to Phoenix in Arizona (vacations) to also see the ICC 2013 -Real Madrid vs L.A. Galaxy- and I will buy a battery, or order one from amazon, I will give this battery a week, if there is a solution all will be fine. But If not, I will take the phone to Telcel..

Thanks again!!
Regards!

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest turning off wifi/gps/mobile data when you're not using them, it does wonders for me in battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
You are actually experiencing what looks like great battery life for this phone, if you notice in your screenshot most of the power is going to the screen. Any time you keep the screen on for an extended period of time your battery life will drop dramatically. Your best bet is to lower the brightness and put it on auto as much as possible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Ya that kinda looks like normal usage. If you're out and about you're probably running into the mobile network signal eating up some battery. If you're on wifi it will help. The screen will usually be the biggest eater of battery, I set mine to auto brightness. If you're at home on wifi, you shouldn't see it go down as much.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Auto is actually worse for battery life.. Just FYI. I mean I use it because I don't care but it drains more since the phone is always sensing the light.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
If you got rid of all of the battery drawn from the screen you'd be at about 95%. Also 1% every 3 minutes the screen is on is 5 hours of screen time (5.8 hours if it's 1% every 3.5 minutes), which is also pretty good for the S4.

GermanSi

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone guys, I noticed a curious thing:

Today I make a second test:
-I put all the smart features off and brigthness to the minimum and sync off, gps, etc. and the result was 1% off every 3 minutes

-Then I put all smart features on, I set brightness to max, sync on, gps on, multi window, screen rotation etc. and i was getting 1% off every 5 or 6 minutes!!

Wtf?? lol, that is rare. BTW, I asked my carrier and they told me that I take the phone to them (Technical Support)

Regards