S5 blocking mode uninstalled after update.

ademare

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, but that does not work. It does not allow time control on it. This entire new system version is not very efficient.
Are there any options to return to the previous version?

My Android sucks

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Not easily, you'd have to flash the stock ROM onto your device using your PC, a program called Odin. By doing this, you can downgrade back to 4.4.2 KitKat. There are excellent guides on the forum if you wish to do this.

This is a basic guide to Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html

But the simplest way would probably be to install a third party app, like Do Not Disturb which will do the same job, maybe with more features.

Your not the only one who dislikes the new system, I also dislike that there isn't a Silent option anymore only Sound/Vibrate.

Hope this helps.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you want a more powerful app go to the play store and download Agent. It features a "blocking mode" which you can configure Sunday through Saturday or pick days independently as well as who you can allow to get through during the silent mode. I have mine to always allow my wife to be able to contact me no matter what. That is just one of the things Agent can do. My other favorite is I can configure it to have my text messages not come through and send back an automated response well connected to my car's bluetooth. There are many more features to this wonderful app and I suggest looking at it and give it a try. By the way I am in no way affiliated with the developer except for the fact I use the app

Posted via the Android Central App

KrishnaKS

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
It just gives a notification - but phone still rings..it doesn't block the call...
Hope there is a solution to BLOCK MODE (which is removed in the newer version) on the software on NOTE3
(I think the same issue on S5 also)
If any solution please do let us know

birdhappy

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! This worked wonderfully. My husband is not accepting the upgrade because I warned him. Wish I had known. I would have said no as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus