S5 will not always send texts

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
okay so this happens when i only have 1 to 2 bars but my 4g still works. but when this happens it says unable to send text to "so and so" so i press okay and then try to send it again. then it works. this doesn't happen everytime but it does happen enough to make me annoyed at it. anyone else have this happen to them? it has also started to freeze every so often. it gets reset at least once everyday. any would be great!

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem to on my iphone. Im not sure if its a bug in the software or a service problem

Posted via Android Central App

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
i am using the stock texting app. so i guess that is normal for android phones....good to know i am not the only one.

It's not the phone it's the network. I've seen this happen with a variety of phones (android, IOS, Windows) on a variety of carriers. And it's generally seen by users who activate their phones in ANYTHING outside of the actual carrier stores. The reason I've been given is you're between cell towers and it confuses the phone, and it periodically continues as time goes on.
The only way I've seen it permanently fixed was to take the phone FULLY off the network, reboot (factory reset), then put the phone back on the network. Depending on the carrier you can do this at home or in the carrier's store. I've seen other methods tried, and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I will say that when you walk into the carrier's store, the problem often instantly stops. So you may not want to walk in there with the intent of showing them ;)

treehugginjen

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue on the sprint network. This is my third S5 in 5 weeks. I'm not sure if it is the network or just really terrible antenna signal reception. My phone still only works 100% of the time if I put it in CDMA only network mode. When in CDMA/LTE I have more failed text messages than sent. I'm seriously frustrated with this phone. Especially since I paid full price for it and the basic function of text doesn't work.

Posted via Android Central App

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
okay well i will add more information to this my phone is not on the LTE setting because when it was i would have next to now service, i have it on WCDMA/GSM and it is still having a lot of trouble finding signal sometimes. yesterday i said unregistered SIM card so i replaced it hoping that might fix it but. but it still drops signal when i usually have 3 bars of service and 4g. so i am starting to think it will have to be set away for repair and if that still doesn't work they will probably have give a new s5. and you are right i live right inbetween 3 cell towers. my husband has the same phone as me on the same carrier and he has never had this problem and his phone is better at keeping its service than mine ever has been. mine gets restarted at least once as day if not more....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayleepalmer90