S6 - Biggest waste of money Post S5 Active? Who care if it's a "Premium Product"?

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I hope that removable batteries and SD slots don't go completely by the wayside in all flagship level phones. With some reservations about it I'm probably getting my S6 this weekend but am disappointed in the long term trends. From my perspective cloud storage is incapable of being a viable substitute for local storage.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I think it may have been android authority (?), the S6 was leaning upright against something and slipped on to it's back, cracking the camera lens. That's like 7cm high or something.

Posted via the Android Central App

yes, it was while they were reviewing the phone...it didnt crack the lens but the outter lens got scratched didnt impact the camera functionality...but yes dangerous nevertheless.

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I hope that removable batteries and SD slots don't go completely by the wayside in all flagship level phones. With some reservations about it I'm probably getting my S6 this weekend but am disappointed in the long term trends. From my perspective cloud storage is incapable of being a viable substitute for local storage.

I find it kinda bizarre to allow 4k recording (which eats gigabytes) and a superb camera that encourages you to take photos everywhere, yet limit local storage. Even the 32gb model is too small. Imagine trying to save your 2gb video to the cloud. Good luck with that. Google drive doesn't accept videos of that size I don't believe. Even if you could save it to the cloud, retrieving it would take an eternity. Where do you go? Find your cable and get used to managing/transferring your files regularly!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174