S6 Edge is now a paperweight!!!

DIMBERS

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Had my edge a few weeks and had no problems at all until today. The phone was working fine, battery was low at 3% then came up with a message at the bottom of the screen saying that it was overheating, it didnt feel hot and i wasnt using it for anything at the time. It then shutdown and now wont boot up, wont charge, i just get a battery symbol with a red triangle in the middle.

any ideas?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, get it replaced.

You could try to troubleshoot it, but honestly, this is a new phone. You SHOULDN'T have to troubleshoot issues like these, and the sooner you have them honor your warranty, the more chances you have of still getting a new unit as a replacement rather than a refurb.

But it does sound like your battery or charging circuitry has gone bonkers. And since that's hardware, not really much you can do in terms of troubleshooting. You can try leaving it alone for a night and trying to charge again, but it doesn't look promising.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hope you stored your data in the cloud though...that's the only thing that would be 'lost' if you can't access your phone and you get it replaced.

DIMBERS

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
i came over from iphone only a few weeks ago so all my contacts can be transferred from icloud, all my pics are backed up on one drive so not a total disaster, just a pain having to set it all up, download all apps again etc

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sad you got a bad apple (see what I did there? :p). But seriously, sad that you got a bad unit here :( The phone is amazing, hope you can get a working replacement soon!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It may be that your battery got completely discharge, that's a problem not that common, but it happens, it happened to my daughter's Moto G (2nd Gen) about a month and half ago, and I needed to open the phone and unplug the battery cable from the main board, once you do that it reset the battery and allows the battery charging again.

How can you do the same in the S6/edge? That's a good question as I don't think there is any instructions on this yet, plus, opening your phone will void the warranty, so the best idea for you should be asking for a warranty replacement.

You may also try pressing Power and Vol-down buttons for about 10 seconds and it's suppose to do a soft reset to your phone and allows the reboot, I don't know if it will help in your case but you won't lose anything trying it. Just do it with your phone connected to the charger first, if not, then unplug it and try it again.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You may also try pressing Power and Vol-down buttons for about 10 seconds and it's suppose to do a soft reset to your phone and allows the reboot, I don't know if it will help in your case but you won't lose anything trying it. Just do it with your phone connected to the charger first, if not, then unplug it and try it again.

Try holding it for more like 30 to 60 seconds.

Posted via the Android Central App

upengan78

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Try holding it for more like 30 to 60 seconds.

Posted via the Android Central App
Hi did Open find a solution or does anyone know exact fix for this issue? I'm having issue on Samsung s6. Can't change phone due to red triangle. It vibrates and resets and keeps doing that. No water damage signs. Not in warranty as well.

Any help is appreciated.

-Ug