S6 Edge Marshmallow Blue Light Stays On,Black Screen wont turn on

krook_ebk187

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday i was charging my s6 edge,which is on 6.0 marshmallow,and it was off while charging,i took it off charging and tried to turn it on with no luck. I tried reconnecting it to charge and no response either. I decided to leave it alone and wait some time so i tried again today,same,no response. I opened the phone up because something inside was moving so i thought it was the LCD cable unplugged but nothing was wrong. It charges wirelessly,but the screen doesnt turn on. Just a few minutes ago,i held the power and up volume button and a blue light came on(notification light) for about 2 minutes,than it blinked red rapidly for about a few seconds and again,nothing after. What could be it?the system?is it donefor?i just got this phone not even 6 months ago,but its cracked so i dont think warranty works on it anymore.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'd guess it's either the battery or the motherboard. How long did you hold the Power button for? At least 15-20 seconds?

krook_ebk187

May 22, 2016
Visit site
The battery charges wirelessly,but would tht mean anything? And ive tried everything,20 seconds and more,all the power button and volume and home button combos,ive connected it to my PC,and ive taken it apart and put it back to make sure nothing was loose,everything seems fine to me. If it was the battery wouldnt the system still appear on PC?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How do you know it's successfully charging wirelessly? Does the charging screen show up, or is it just the LED notification light?

If the battery is dead and the phone can't turn on, then the phone can't be recognized by a computer when plugged in via USB.

krook_ebk187

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I know its wirelessly charging because the charger i had bought had a blue light turn on when it recognized the device and was charging the battery. The phone doesnt show it but the charger does,and when wirelessly charging the phone gets a little warm like it use to when charging,so i have a feeling its not the battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but I would guess it's possible for the charger to be actively trying​ to charge the battery--and if the battery is dead or dying, then it may not be able to hold the charge.

krook_ebk187

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Youre right,could be,im going to order a new battery and see how that goes,ill keep this thread updated as soon as i get a battery,changing the battery is my last resort at this point.