S6 - what browser are you using?

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: what browser

Both Chrome and stock are pretty terrible. larger CSS animations are slow and choppy. Not sure if this is an across-the-board android thing or not, but they are buttery smooth on a 2 year old iPhone 5s.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Why Verizon stripped out the stock browser is beyond me. :'( Stuck with Crappy Chrome.

Didn't know there was a stock browser. My S4 had one, but every android I've bought since has started using Chrome as default. Regardless of manufacturer. I even defaulted to Chrome when I was using my S4.

Posted via the Android Central App

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Both Chrome and stock are pretty terrible. larger CSS animations are slow and choppy. Not sure if this is an across-the-board android thing or not, but they are buttery smooth on a 2 year old iPhone 5s.

Mine is as smooth as butter. IPhone? Yuck. Lol. Too restricted.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I used Chrome mostly and was fine with it until I tried the newest Opera beta. I always found issues with opera on past devices but find it very solidly stable and a breeze to use. I like the text wrap feature which works well. So maybe 20% chrome and 80% opera.

stesyl

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Like CM too but it doesn't have text wrap, don't know why this isn't included on all browsers

stesyl

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

What's text wrap?

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S6

Text wrapping allows you to zoom in on a page and the text will adjust to fit on the screen ,so you don't have to scroll from side to side. Dolphin, and Opera have this feature.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

I use Boat for mobile sites because I can use an easy access bookmark icon on the bottom. I currently use Mercury as my main browser because it has ad-block and same easy bookmark access.

I will not use chrome because I cannot easily get to bookmarks.

Posted via Galaxy S6

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

I used Chrome mostly and was fine with it until I tried the newest Opera beta. I always found issues with opera on past devices but find it very solidly stable and a breeze to use. I like the text wrap feature which works well. So maybe 20% chrome and 80% opera.

I'm trying the Opera beta too. Pretty neat, although when I logged into Facebook page and clicked save on the remember password prompt, the next time I load Face book, I get the username and password screen with both boxes blank. Still have to type both in. Not sure why it's not auto putting those entries in like Chrome does.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Chrome
has been fine on my s6... Can't beat the sync options imo...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon