S7 edge from note 7

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The Note 7 had a higher maximum nits that it could reach, so it could get brighter. That being said the S7 edge and Note 7 could both get brighter than their nit listed stats if you use them in the auto brightness setting. (Max brightness in auto is higher than max brightness with the slider at max). For people who feel the s7 edge isn't bright enough I recommend you use the phone with the auto brightness setting check marked.

Note 7 in manual: 639
S7 Edge in manual: 440
Note 7 in auto: 1048
S7 Edge in auto: 855
(855 is a pretty high stat, and should give you plenty of brightness. Like with TV brightness settings too high can be too much. You don't want to loose shadows, wash out blacks to grey, or loose the details of clouds in pictures/video.)

DisplayMate: Galaxy Note7's display has record high max brightness of nearly 1,050 nits

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was going to go with the V20 (from my Note 7), but now I'm leaning towards the S7E. It will only be a 1 year phone, they are the same price (after the $100 credit), waterproof, wireless charging, works with my gear VR, and to top it off a Verizon rep just told me it qualifies for the annual upgrade. I know it doesn't, but they should honor it since I have the chat log.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
You guys must all be super young. My first touchscreen smartphone was a Palm Treo. It had a physical keyboard, and a dumb stylus. The screen stayed lit the entire time while on a phone call, which resulted in sweat dripping down your ear and cheek on longer calls

I had a Palm Treo 750... actually I think it's still sitting in a box with a bunch of other old phones. The fun thing about this phone was if you knew HTML coding you could go in and tweak the theme and font colors and a few other aspects.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a Palm Treo 750... actually I think it's still sitting in a box with a bunch of other old phones. The fun thing about this phone was if you knew HTML coding you could go in and tweak the theme and font colors and a few other aspects.

Lol. Yeah, mine was the Treo/Handspring 600. It had that fat nub antenna, and was thicker than a deck of cards, and weighed a ton. Still though, it was ahead of its time and it really helped me to be more efficient. Prior to that, I had to carry a flip phone and a Palm Pilot

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just returned my Note 7 yesterday for a S7 Edge. It was sad to give up such a great phone, but after weeks of deliberation on what to get, the S7E was ultimately the best alternative IMO. I could keep my wireless charger, keep a great screen and camera, edge screen, sd card, and keep my Titanium Silver color too! After playing with my Nova launcher and themes, it now looks very close to my N7, except smaller.

There's definitely some speed differences and screen is absolutely a tad less sharp (even though it's the same processor and screen as the Note 7 as is stated in this thread) - it just doesn't quite pop like the Note screen did and I even have it at a higher brightness too than I needed on my N7. It's still a great screen (much better than the V20), but just not quite the same as the N7. But overall, it's pretty close in every other respect.

I debated hard on the V20 and Pixel XL, but when I was in NY last week I got to get hands on on both and compare head to head vs my Note 7 and the V20 screen wasn't anywhere near as sharp or colorful, and the phone was pretty big, and the camera wasn't comparable (lots of blurry shots in lower light vs the Note 7). The Pixel did have a comparable screen and camera, but is not an attractive phone (huge bezels - iPhone look-alike), no Sd card, no wireless charging, no waterproofing and expensive for not having all that too.

S7E was the clear choice for me and with Verizon confirming an annual upgrade, and with Samsung rumored to be giving former Note 7 owners who go to the S7 a discount on the next S8/N8 (confirmed in Korea, not yet here), it was an easy choice.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I didn't like this phone. Had for 12 days while waiting on 2nd N7 replacement and we all know how that ended. Am on Note5 32gig waiting on the 64gig.
Note 5 is awesome. Glad still available

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe