S7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I called and spoke with their customer service and was told that the reason why they don't have any glue except for the black areas on the one I ordered was because they are having issues with the glue drying white.

Well that's gotta be a load of rubbish seeing as standard glass screen protectors have had full dry apply adhesive that dries clear for years now.

I think the real reason is they can't match the tolerances Samsung can. Flat glass is easy, but those curves (especially on the corners) are going to be very difficult to match up against. Every device will be slightly different as well and within a tolerance range set by Samsung. The difference of a fraction of a rad could cause uneven adhesion, making corners pop up and possibly even cracking the protector due to the warp.

Personally, I think it's a case of go naked or plastic. I've chosen the former, seeing as it costs me $72.21 (current exchange rate to £) as an excess on insurance through my bank to get a replacement phone back in my hand in 3-5 days. They always say repair but it's cheaper to replace the entire device. I've actually tested this on my s3 and my Mrs's S5 that went in for 'repair' by scratching the inside of the phone, where the battery sits, and receiving a device without this scratch.

Michael MCATEE

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Well that's gotta be a load of rubbish seeing as standard glass screen protectors have had full dry apply adhesive that dries clear for years now.

I think the real reason is they can't match the tolerances Samsung can. Flat glass is easy, but those curves (especially on the corners) are going to be very difficult to match up against. Every device will be slightly different as well and within a tolerance range set by Samsung. The difference of a fraction of a rad could cause uneven adhesion, making corners pop up and possibly even cracking the protector due to the warp.

Personally, I think it's a case of go naked or plastic. I've chosen the former, seeing as it costs me $72.21 (current exchange rate to £) as an excess on insurance through my bank to get a replacement phone back in my hand in 3-5 days. They always say repair but it's cheaper to replace the entire device. I've actually tested this on my s3 and my Mrs's S5 that went in for 'repair' by scratching the inside of the phone, where the battery sits, and receiving a device without this scratch.

Well they could have changed adhesives ? I don't know that's what Chad told me...any who as soon as mine gets here it's going back unopened for credit.

Posted from my AT&T S7 Edge

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
$55 crack with a neo hybrid spigen case! Customer service called, money refunded and prepaid envelope sent to come get this SOB

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks for the post I use a neo hybrid also and was interested in one of these but now seeing this and other posts in this thread no way am I wasting my $

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about that (I mis-read your post). I got a refund by doing a live chat. Zagg site> Zagg Care>InvisibleShield>Live Care> Choose Live Chat or Email or Call customer care.
Zagg has really good customer service.

I did the live chat last night and got it sorted out and mailed today. I won't go as far as to say 10/10 until the €40 is back in my bank account, but so far it was great customer service.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Is it the nature of these glass screen protectors to have adhesive only on the edges? Or do some have it on the entire screen protector?

Posted via the Android Central App

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's the first time I heard of it, which is why I bought the Zagg without thinking.
Any one I've had before for numerous phones and tablets were full adhesive coverage.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
For flat panels that may be the case. The glass cover I have on my Gear S2 has full contact, but its flat. I think the Edge does not allow that configuration except for non-glass protectors.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Those GPEL compatible cases look exactly the same shape as the official Samsung leather one, so I might give one of these protectors a go. Are they full coverage adhesive?

jonty12

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, it seems fourth time's a charm.

As noted previously, for my first attempt I ordered a "clear" protector, but it really wasn't clear. It was silver sparkly. Day one was pretty clicky, but it had settled down by day three or so. Still some clicks, not perfect with touch sensitivity but definitely usable. I couldn't get past the sparkles though. That was this one:

Full Cover Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 S6 Edge Plus | eBay

I then ordered the "black" version of the same hoping it would address my concerns. It didn't. The fit was wrong - bend at the top, and it was almost unusable.

I then ordered a third protector. It fit a little better, but was sparkly black and I lost sensitivity on A, S, Q, #, etc.. Not workable. That was this one:

Full Cover Tempered Glass Curved Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge | eBay

Finally ordered the fourth and all is great in the world. Proper black. Proper fit. All touch sensitivity works like there's no protector there. Very happy with it. It's only day one, but great so far.

Surprisingly, it was the same as the second one! I ordered from the same guy inadvertently, but it just goes to show, they're not all the same. The first black one didn't fit at all, but this one is perfect. See the first link above. Pro Glass brand.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to follow this and see how you do with it. I bought a magicguardz one and took it off because the screen sensitivity was no good. Went with a tpu one for now that's not too bad but I want glass one that works. Keep us posted

billyjoebob007

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Anyone find a case for the egde yet that doesnt push up/separate the zagg ?
I bought a couple different ones of this case:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...ONES-1-/252160730363?var=&hash=item3ab5f364fb
They have many different designs, and i had a coule i switched between on my note3 and over 4 years the paint didnt fade or rub off. On the s7 edge the corner protection is a bit minuscule, i mean the case covers the corners but there is no rubber bumper protection. The case though doesnt push up/separate the zagg though so thats what im using now untill a better alternative comes along.

Last edited:

MoshuXXL

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
For a tempered glass screen protector is recommended to uses cases that doesn't overlap the screen edges. One of those cases are Spigen Thin Fit and Ringke Slim or Air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia