S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

tvandyke

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
If you have a pending order/change on a line that you want to switch devices you have to call 611 and have vzw do the switch..... usually only takes 5 min... "usually"

So let's say I do wait until the S7 Edge arrives, I just need to use the switch devices function on the Verizon website and it will work fine? The line used to upgrade to the Edge is under device payment, but the note 4 on my line is under 2 year contract. When I spoke to rep, I was told that there wouldn't be any issues and that the billing would just remain with the device payment plan is on the other line and my line would just continue with the monthly payments for the Note 4 under contract, even though the devices will actually be switched.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. The date is 3/11/2016.

A week from tomorrow is 3/11 the ship/deliver by date.

Posted via the Android Central App
I understand that is the definitive date, but people in this thread were showing delivery/ship dates in their actual order status. I'm trying to figure out why my order status (from mobile and desktop site) does not show a date at all.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I understand that is the definitive date, but people in this thread were showing delivery/ship dates in their actual order status. I'm trying to figure out why my order status (from mobile and desktop site) does not show a date at all.

This is checking from my cell

Attachments

• 25217.jpg
    25217.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 47

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
So let's say I do wait until the S7 Edge arrives, I just need to use the switch devices function on the Verizon website and it will work fine? The line used to upgrade to the Edge is under device payment, but the note 4 on my line is under 2 year contract. When I spoke to rep, I was told that there wouldn't be any issues and that the billing would just remain with the device payment plan is on the other line and my line would just continue with the monthly payments for the Note 4 under contract, even though the devices will actually be switched.

I have a two year line, and an old Edge line. I swap back and forth between the two constantly. However, the website WILL fight you tooth and nail when you go to switch, so your best bet is to activate the device, swap SIMs and if it doesn't automatically activate, call Verizon with the ICCID for both SIMs to swap them. Once the SIMs have been reprogrammed I've been able to swap them out between phones. My current SIM has been in 3 phones thus far.

Edit: I just noticed you have a S5. To be honest, calling customer service with my recommendation of the SIM serials should still work. Leave the original SIMs in the phones, call in and swap. It literally takes 10 minutes.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
This is a confirmation email that I got. Both have dates on them

Attachments

• 25219.jpg
    25219.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 66

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

If I try to check just through the desktop or mobile site, I don't have a date either. The only way I get a date is to go to the confirmation email from Verizon, and under the first paragraph follow the link that says "check order status". That's where the 3/11 ship date is for me on both my orders.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
From what I can google, your location code is the identifier for the Verizon call center in your area. That's all I've been able to find. So I guess it really is just a location code and nothing else exciting lol

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
From what I can google, your location code is the identifier for the Verizon call center in your area. That's all I've been able to find. So I guess it really is just a location code and nothing else exciting lol

I couldn't even find that on Google. My Google research didn't show anything about the location code. But thanks for finding that.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't even find that on Google. My Google research didn't show anything about the location code. But thanks for finding that.

Honestly it was an obscure reference under a link that didn't even look promising on page 2 of Google, so the short answer is I spent longer looking for it that what is really reasonable lol

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, my VZW S7edge didn't ship yet - the tracking number I got was for a gift from Aukey...

Again, sorry if I got anyone excited 😕

sumner929

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey Joe, I preordered and my address is wrong in the confirmation email and it says shipment date of 11/17/1858, um what? I called CS and they couldn't change my address, any help/advice you can give me? Lastly, will it ship 3/11 or will I have it on 3/11? I think if VZW ships on 3/11 thus not getting thephone until a few days later since it's a friday, that'd be rather crappy of them.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry - I was mistaken, and have changed my post...

Scheduled to work from home tomorrow too so I could sign for it - Oh well, back to waiting patiently

Posted via Android Central App

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Sorry - I was mistaken, and have changed my post...

Scheduled to work from home tomorrow too so I could sign for it - Oh well, back to waiting patiently

Posted via Android Central App

I saw that after I answered, bummer! Oh well. Soon enough. I figure the first inkling I'll get will be the text from my bank that Verizon took their money, because you know they aren't going to move anything before they confirm that's taken care of lol.

tvandyke

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I have a two year line, and an old Edge line. I swap back and forth between the two constantly. However, the website WILL fight you tooth and nail when you go to switch, so your best bet is to activate the device, swap SIMs and if it doesn't automatically activate, call Verizon with the ICCID for both SIMs to swap them. Once the SIMs have been reprogrammed I've been able to swap them out between phones. My current SIM has been in 3 phones thus far.

Edit: I just noticed you have a S5. To be honest, calling customer service with my recommendation of the SIM serials should still work. Leave the original SIMs in the phones, call in and swap. It literally takes 10 minutes.

This might be a dumb question, but will the S7 Edge come with a SIM in it? If so, you're saying to just leave all of the SIMs in the phones and to call Verizon with all of the SIM serials written down and just tell them which phone I want on which line? Additionally, I imagine that on my bill the edge line and contract line will just stay with their respective phone numbers even though the phones have been swapped, correct? Thanks for the help I really appreciate it!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien