S7 stuck in boot loop...

ER DOC76

Feb 15, 2018
Visit site
Hello droid experts... I did something stupid and followed a youtube video on how to root my s7, and when I flashed the new firmware with odin, it immediately went into a boot loop. I can get it into download mode and boot recovery, but every option I've tried goes back to boot loop. I have a SM-G930V and had android 7.0. I've read several fixes but nothing seems to work. Smart Switch says device not compatible. Can't seem to find the stock firmware to try to use odin again (every place I look either doesn't have my version or leads you in a thousand ad directions). Any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure that you downloaded the proper firmware for the G30V, not some other variant of the G930. Boot into download mode and flash the firmware. It should give you an out-of-the-box phone. (Your data and all your installed apps are already gone, so don't worry about saving them.)

ER DOC76

Feb 15, 2018
Visit site
Make sure that you downloaded the proper firmware for the G30V, not some other variant of the G930. Boot into download mode and flash the firmware. It should give you an out-of-the-box phone. (Your data and all your installed apps are already gone, so don't worry about saving them.)

I did download the proper firmware and used it as directed and Odin says "FAILED" when I try to flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny